The Systems Engineer will be part of the Enterprise Engineering Team supporting the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) on the HUD IT Services contract. (HITS). This position requires candidate has the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
The selected candidate will develop, evaluate, test and implement technical solutions for IT service related projects in support of the HITS contract. The systems engineer will provide technical expertise in the modernization of an enterprise IT solution. Successful candidate will inject systems engineering support to each stage of the systems engineering lifecycle. The programs technology includes operating systems, application support, infrastructure support, and network performance modeling. The candidate will assist as needed with additional duties to support the team such as performing integration testing and/or providing Tier 3 support.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or technical field with and 4 - 8 years of experience in Information Technology, or Master's degrees and years of relevant experience
• Knowledge of the Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) with direct experience supporting all phases
• Develops functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with operations team on changes
• Developing technical documentation including requirements, system designs, test procedures, transition plans and operation concept documents
• Perform functional testing to validate requirement completion for baseline releases
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including
• Prior experience with HUD
• Technical leadership experience associated with IT projects
• Experience administering Microsoft OS and packaging COTS products
• Perform technical evaluations, analysis, and troubleshooting for all supported serves in response to Help Desk Tickets/trouble tickets
• Active HUD public trust clearance.
• Experience providing Tier 3 support
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: