Leidos UK is responsible for a number of programmes across a diverse range of customers in the Civil, Defence and Healthcare related market sectors. This is growing business environment with a number of existing programmes with follow-on work and new capture opportunities. All programmes and projects in this area are mission critical to the End User and range in size, complexity and duration. All activity is undertaken working very closely with the customer in a genuine integrated project environment. One of the specific programmes involves the full systems engineering cycle of design through test and acceptance including COTS integration and software development.
A System/Software Engineer with a good understanding of requirements, design, development and integration of large and complex Systems is required to join the technical team based in our Farnborough offices. The successful candidate must be a UK National (unfortunately, we cannot accommodate dual nationals) and be capable of attaining the necessary security credentials (ie SC/DV).
The candidate will be required to be a self-starter able to identify and implement necessary tasks within his/her area of responsibility and the flexibility necessary to work within a dynamic programme. Responsibilities will include working with other Leidos staff (engineering, capture and programme management), partners and subcontractors to develop software and system solutions. Required Skills:
• Full lifecycle software engineering/development experience (Requirements Management, System and Subsystem design, Development/Implementation, Verification and Maintenance)
• Experienced in Java and SQL.
• Experience developing applications with the following: JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, JSON, PostgreSQL and Vaadin.
• Experience of complex systems integration projects, involving IT systems
• Ability to clearly articulate and communicate design and technical concepts in written and verbal forms.
• Interested in current and emerging technologies. Willing and able to learn new languages/technologies according to project demands
• Experience across the engineering lifecycle of conducting impact analysis and managing change and maintaining traceability.
• Familiarity with IBM DOORS and Subversion
• Experience developing applications with the following: OSGi and Apache Maven.
• Experience of agile software development methods.
• Experience of unit testing.
• Familiarity with web application development.
• Scripting experience.
• Familiarity with networking and communications protocols (esp. TCP/IP).
• Familiarity with virtualisation and cloud computing.
• Experience in the Defence sector
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2-4 years of professional experience, or 2 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: