Leidos is currently seeking a Senior Oracle Database Engineer with a TS/SCI Polygraph security clearance in Laurel, Maryland.
The Senior Oracle Database Engineer/Administrator position will work with the PLATINUM PLUS team to support, administer, and develop the Oracle 11g and 12c databases for both test and production systems.
The DBE administration and support includes installing and configuring Oracle RDBMS and Enterprise Manager Cloud Control software. Securing the Oracle software infrastructures to maintain TLS compliancy. Loading required quarterly Oracle Patch-set Updates and bug fixes. Troubleshooting database errors, latency, and/or connections issues. Maintaining backups using RMAN and tablespace management Adhoc reporting using bash shell scripting and SQL. This candidate will work with the PLATINUM PLUS team to administer multiple Oracle databases in both test and production environments.The candidate will ensure databases are working in optimal manner and are properly backed up. An exceptional candidate will be given opportunities to design tables and schemas for replacing a Retrieval ware database system with Oracle. The DBE will develop database schemas, as well as optimal loading and querying procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree and 12-15 years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline. Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- At least 5 years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- Experience with providing engineering support for Oracle relational database systems (RDBMS).
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability and Disaster Recovery options
- Knowledge of indexes, index management and statistics
- Knowledge of Structured Query Language
- Understanding of distributed computing architecture
- Experience with shell scripting languages, crontab, and Solaris.
- Experience with virtualized machines and databases hosted thereon
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems
- Experience in performance tuning and optimization using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience in producing effective designs for very large database systems, including specifications for:
- Oracle schema design
- Designing effective loading techniques for complex data structures in both bulk and near real-time scenarios
- Hardware platform recommendations based on projected performance requirements.
- Experience with text-indexed database systems.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Knowledge of both current and planned Oracle products.
Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) Certification.
Oracle Text (CTX indexes)
Virtual Private Database configurations and management. (VPDs)
Understanding of security scan and reporting tools at NSA
Oracle Weblogic experience.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel