The Leidos Health Group has an immediate job opening for an Associate Contracts Director (ACD) supporting the Government Health & Safety Solutions (GH&SS) Operation in our Reston, VA office. The selected individual will report to the Health Group Contracts and Subcontracts Director and work in partnership with the Director to lead and manage a dispersed contracts workforce.
The ACD will be responsible for the leadership and management of the Contracts functions and staff at an operation level. The ACD will provide appropriate resources, oversight and evaluation of activities in support of proposals, contracts, negotiations and administration, issue resolution, and risk management ensuring compliance with Leidos policies, procedures as well as government requirements.
This position will interact regularly with Leidos Operation and Group leadership as well as senior customer leadership personnel. The ACD will manage the staff resources as well as the budget across the organization and provide professional/career development opportunities, the setting of near term objectives and individual performance management for the Operation Contracts staff. The ACD regularly interacts with program management, project control, finance, business development and with customers as required; and must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with executive management and staff regarding contractual issues with high degrees of complexity and work issues to resolution.
The ACD is accountable for promoting and maintaining a highly ethical contracts organization, in compliance with Leidos' policies and procedures, and compliance with all applicable regulatory and contractual requirements that govern the work performed. The ACD also plays an important role in managing in the areas of resource utilization and retention, proposal win-rate, maximum fee negotiations and cost savings, cash flow and compliance, and risk management. The ability to prioritize and manage work activities and staff in a fast paced environment is essential.
• Bachelor's degree (Business Administration or related field). Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Requires 12+ years experience in the contracts profession with 3-5 years in a supervisory capacity
• Candidate should possess strong skills in proposal preparation including RFP analysis, bid strategy, development of terms and conditions, and experience in reviewing/negotiating proposals.
• Must have experience with all contract types and a working knowledge of the FAR/DFAR.
• Candidate should have experience with OCI mitigation, negotiation of Teaming and Non-Disclosure Agreements; and all facets of contract compliance.
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
• Excellent written and verbal communication is critical.
• Travel as necessary to participate in Operation and/or Group meetings and interact with Customers in the DC Metro area, Baltimore MD, Fredrick MD, and Atlanta GA.