Leidos is seeking an Enterprise Data Architect to join our Corporate Enterprise Engineering team. This position can be supported from one of the following locations: Reston - VA, King of Prussia - PA, Orlando - FL, or Gaithersburg - MD. We will also consider telecommute for the right candidate.
In this role, you will lead the Leidos Data Architecture effort to understand and express the Leidos data inventory (including key entities, description, source of record, data protection requirements) and current data management approach (including whether relational, warehouse, ODS, columnar, etc.) and articulate, coordinate, and provide a Data Architecture solution for future state of modern business analytics, authoritativeness, and higher data quality achieved. You will be responsible to understand and conceptualize the current state of Leidos data interfaces and information exchanges and further influence future direction of improved data interfaces and exchanges so that Leidos can achieve high data quality that supports enterprise objectives of continuous improvement from data insights.
- Corporate/Business Enterprise Domain Experience - leveraging data assets from multiple COTS, SaaS and custom applications used to manage enterprise functions such as Business Development, Contracts, HR, Compensation, Finance, Purchasing, Internal Audit, Program Management & Line Management.
- Practitioner's experience with data science techniques - leveraging scientific methods, processes, algorithms and systems to extract knowledge and insights from data in various forms, both structured and unstructured
- Master's degree and 15+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Master's degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Data Architecture concepts - conceptual and logical modeling, methods, and strategies.
- In-depth knowledge of data warehousing, operational data stores, and business intelligence strategies and design including analytics.
- Experience with knowledge representation, information visualization, and analytics, e.g. dashboards, ad-hoc reporting, visualization
- Experience with one or more BI tools such as Oracle OBIA, Tableau, PowerPivot, etc.
- US citizenship and ability to obtain security clearance.
- Experience with multiple deployment architectures, e.g. distributed, cloud, transaction, warehouse.
- Previous experience architecting enterprise level Data Architectures at comparable scale