Are you ready for your next mission? Are you interested in working in Mons, Belgium? If so, our Defense & Intelligence Group has a new opening for a Network Engineer.
The Network Engineer will support the Army Intelligence IT Environment Support (ARIES) program. The ideal candidate will lead the team that is responsible for the design, development, operation and maintenance of the components that comprise the organization's enterprise computing infrastructure. This individual acts in a supporting role to other branches across the organization to ensure that the organization's information technology infrastructure is operating effectively and efficiently.
What you'll be doing:
- Analyzes user's requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop network requirements specifications
- Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
- Analyzes network requirements and capacity and leads design and development activities
- Provides technical leadership for the integration of network requirements, design, and technology
- Incorporates new network plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
- Develops network architecture and network design documentation
- Guides network development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of network engineering management plans and network integration and test plans
- Design and perform integration of new technologies into local and wide area networks
- Provide advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of complex network problems
- Manage the transition and migration of networks and development of network addressing schemes
- Interacts with the Government regarding Network Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts
- Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables
What qualifications you'll need to have:
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- Bachelor's degree with 6+ years of related experience. Additional years of experience may serve in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with data center design, implementation, and operation
- Expert knowledge of Cisco ASA 5500X series firewalls
- Working knowledge of Cisco networking technologies including ACS, CUCM, Telepresence
- Working knowledge of Network Performance Monitor Tools
- Understanding of network security best practices and protocols
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; Willingness to work as part of a team, both as member or as a leader.
- Currently possess DoD 8570.01 certification at IAT Level II
- Currently possess CCNP Routing and Switching or CCNP Data Center certification