Leidos Spatial Solutions is looking for a Systems Engineer to assist with standing up and contributing to a DEVOPS pipeline for a government customer. The team is involved in managing several operational systems with a growing footprint. This role will support a full range of systems engineering activities, including requirements analysis, cost control methodologies, Engineering Review activities, and special projects that will require individual ownership of program level design implementations.
- Develop knowledge of the program's functional capabilities including system and derived requirements. Understand how software components implement the requirements.
- Collaborate with product owners and software developers to develop and manage requirements
- Manage system requirements to achieve epic goals
- Independently create and update systems engineering artifacts including but not limited to: ConOps, Requirements Analysis, User Guides, and System View Diagrams
- Develop and manage requirements and ensure traceability
- Understand and interpret system requirements to ensure procedures satisfy verification of the functionality
- Development and maintenance of program architectural diagrams
- Support of Data transfer Across Networks
- Proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Good attention to detail.
- Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context.
Clearance - Must currently possess and maintain a TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Experience with ArcGIS automation
- Team Collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence, Hipchat/RocketChat/Mattermost)
- Experience with cloud-based architectures
- Experience with Engineering Review Boards and Change Management
- Ability and willingness to obtain a DoD 8570 compliant security+ Certification
- Experience with Amazon Web services (AWS)
BS degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience preferred
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel