The NISC III program is seeking an Environmental, Occupational Safety, and Health (EOSH) Professional
In this role, you will provide support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Central Service Area (CSA) Environmental Occupational Safety and Health Program.
You will take effective steps to ensure that workplace conditions comply with applicable federal and state occupational safety and health standard provisions of any labor agreement, ensuring that all required records are maintained.
Specific duties for the position include:
- Identifying hazardous workplace conditions and take preliminary samples and measurements of hazardous forces and toxic substances.
- Remove hazards and/or protect employees by guarding, revising work procedures, and training or requiring use of protective clothing and personal protective equipment.
- Participate in Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) inspections and in any procedures that may follow a citation.
- Investigate, prepare, and forward, as required, reports on injuries and fatalities.
- Conduct safe work procedures training courses.
- Interact with federal and state agencies to ensure regulator EOSH compliance.
- Conduct Asbestos Awareness Training.
- Inspect Personal Proactive Equipment and Fall Protection Equipment.
- Conduct Radiation Surveys, Asbestos Assessments and sampling.
- Inspect underground fuel storage tanks.
- Provide subject matter expertise (SME) for all Environmental, Safety and Health Matters in assigned areas.
Typical education / experience requirements:
- BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or a Master's degree with 2 - 6 years of experience.
- Strong Occupational Health & Safety background.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Prior experience working for/with the FAA