Leidos Spatial Solutions is seeking a Geospatial Applications Test Engineer to support an integration, operations, and sustainment program. The effort will harness GOTS, COTS and FOSS technologies to deliver advanced geospatial production and dissemination capabilities. The team will build and deliver new and innovative approaches to implement Geospatial Intelligence exploitation and production using web and cloud technologies. The Geospatial Test Engineer will participate in 2 week sprints during which they will collaborate with the customer and team to define, build and test the deployment and performance of services and other capabilities. They will be expected to be strong contributors to the scrum team, participating in daily scrums, and being proactive to work tasks and resolve obstacles. In addition to service development and delivery, they will provide support to DRs and attempt to resolve issues found by users.
- Develop an understanding of the capabilities and services delivered
- Write and perform test cases to validate software deployments
- Triage defects found by end users and work with engineers to resolve the issue from reproducing the behavior through validating a hotfix or new code is functional, or work with the user to explain the expected functionality.
- Identify workarounds for confirmed defects
- Coordinate and perform performance testing
- Support the development of automated scripts and tools to perform testing, including daily health checks
- Work with team members to move data to the appropriate data stores
Basic Qualifications & Education
- Proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Good attention to detail.
- Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context.
- Must possess and maintain a TS//SCI Security Clearance
- Requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience or HS Diploma with additional 6 years of experience
Clearance: Current active TS/SCI with ability to obtain a Polygraph
- Experience with ArcGIS
- Team Collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence, Hipchat/RocketChat/Mattermost)
- Experience with cloud-based architectures
- Experience with Engineering Review Boards and Change Management
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Testing and Quality Assurance
Defense & Intel