The Executive Assistant supports the Defense Group Human Resources, Technology, Program Execution and Contracts/Subcontracts leaders in Reston, VA. Reporting to the Human Resources, Senior Vice President, the selected candidate will support the executives with administrative functions including calendar management, logistics for meetings and special events, creation of presentations for the executive staff, monitoring e-mail traffic, handling all arrangements for trips and expenses, processing of invoices and taking action on behalf of leaders in accordance with company policies and procedures. He/She will also be responsible for purchasing office supplies, answering telephone calls, printing, filing, copying, handling the mail, preparing correspondence, meeting minutes and other office communications, as well as special projects as assigned.
The EA will use his/her judgment, knowledge and experience to make administrative decisions, resolve issues and elevate issues to the appropriate areas in a timely manner with careful regard for confidentiality. The self-directed EA will be expected to proactively take charge of situations and understand the importance and urgency of issues while striving to maintain a calm and organized environment in a fast-paced department.
Executive Assistant Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee scheduling and logistics for senior leader calendars
- Coordinate travel arrangements, logistics for travel
- Prepare EA's and ER's for senior leaders (submit ERs within two weeks of travel)
- Serve as point person and monitor in person visits as appropriate
- Organize and manage high level meetings and events for leadership and functional meetings (support agenda and slide creation, announcements, post event collection and storage of final artifacts)
- Assist leadership and staff with tasks and meeting corporate timelines
- Support leadership staff by preparing conference room for meetings (Skype, be there 10 minutes early to work issues, etc.)
- Provide backup support for other Group administrative staff
Office Management Responsibilities:
- Keep visitor office and cubical areas tidy and clean
- Provide monitor, keyboard and docking station so that visiting staff have updated working equipment
- Order supplies for staff
- Keep refrigerator stocked with water
- Mail anniversary gifts in a timely manner to staff
- Prepare UPS (mail) for staff
- Keep reception area uncluttered, and supply closet tidy
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related area preferred but comparable accomplishments in an administrative support role within a professional business environment will be considered.
- Possess a minimum of 3-5 years of specialized administrative support experience of an increasing responsible nature at a senior/executive level, and have demonstrated the ability to work with executive staff in a proactive manner.
- Possess an advanced level of knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Be a highly organized professional with strong attention to detail and follow through with the ability to handle multiple, complex tasks and establish priorities.
- Have the ability to work independently without significant guidance and be able to exercise good judgment, taking initiative when necessary.
- Have excellent analytical problem solving skills with ability to leverage experience to anticipate, identify and resolve problems or obstacles resourcefully with diplomacy and efficiency.
- Exude highly effective interpersonal skills and have strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing, and have the ability to interface professionally with all levels within and outside the Company, to include demanding or challenging individuals.
- Be a dedicated and enthusiastic individual, and have a strong desire to handle new challenges.
- Possess demonstrated experience working with confidential information and ensure sensitive information is not shared inappropriately.
- Be familiar with budgets and budgeting processes.
- Be familiar with company purchasing systems and procedures
- Plan to work outside of the core schedule as needed periodically to assist with special projects.
- Experience with collaboration sites, such as SharePoint.
- Knowledge of the Leidos organization, policies, and procedures, Business Unit, Group, and Company is strongly preferred.
- Experience with the Concur Travel and Expense system is desirable.
Key Skills for Success in this role:
- A proven record of excellent quality performance with a positive take-charge presence.
- A track record of identifying ways to increase organization, improve efficiency, and solve problems while meeting deadlines.
- Proven ability to make independent and effective decisions that solve problems with limited time and information.
- A high level of professionalism with an ability to remain calm under pressure, juggle multiple responsibilities and priorities, and protect confidentiality of sensitive information while supporting executives.
- An ability to maintain a flexible outlook with the willingness to accept additional assignments as needed.
- The ability to work with diverse personalities and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with all levels of contacts.
- The ability to work independently as well as in a cohesive manner with other executive assistants.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: