Leidos is seeking an Information System Security Engineer for the Lynnwood, WA office. This Information Systems Security Engineering opportunity will allow you to participate on a variety of highly-specialized programs that provide system design, development, and integration of hardware & software applications for our customers. Working with the engineering team the ISSE will insure all aspects of security are incorporated into the system design throughout the Systems Development Life Cycle. In addition the ISSE will contribute to enterprise application development, network engineering, information systems security (ISS), and support to mission-focused offices at multiple locations.
• Support multiple programs as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Information Assurance & Cybersecurity for software and hardware development
• Establish policies & procedures that implement the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Risk Management Framework (RMF) best practices
• Participate as the primary security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and/or integration of secure networking, computing, and enclave environments.
• As the primary security representative for engineering teams serve as the liaison between Leidos and the customer security team for the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and/or integration of IA architectures, systems, or system components.
• Support the Government in the enforcement of the design and implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures.
• Apply knowledge of IA and Cybersecurity policies, procedures, and workforce structure to design, develop, and implement secure networking, computing, and enclave environments.
• Support security planning, assessment, risk analysis, and risk management.
• Identify overall security requirements for the proper handling of Government data.
• Interact with the customer and other project team members.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required; 4 additional years of ISSE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
• Solid understanding of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Understanding of hardware and software engineering best practices
• Current CISSP Certification is required.
• Must have an active TS clearance.
• CISSP-ISSEP Certification
• Active TS/SCI w/ CI Poly
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: