The Radar and Electronics Warfare Group at Leidos in Ridgecrest, CA is seeking a highly qualified and experienced Senior RF Systems Engineer. This opportunity is associated with our Aircrew Electronic Warfare Tactical Training Range (AEWTTR) Program. The successful candidate will perform all aspects of the System Engineering Lifecycle of complex Radio Frequency (RF), Radar, and Electronic Warfare (EW) systems for US and Allied Training and Test & Evaluation Ranges.
Responsibilities include RF/Radar/EW System Requirements Analysis and Generation, Architecture Development, Subsystem and System Design and Specification, System Prototyping, System Integration, System Verification and Validation, System Deployment and System Sustainment activities. The Senior RF Systems Engineer will work in the Engineering Group and will closely collaborate with the Chief Engineer (CHENG), Technical Project Managers, Software and Hardware Engineers, Field Engineers, Engineering Technicians, and Technicians. The Senior RF Systems Engineer will provide RF/Radar/EW System Subject Matter Expertise (SME) for Technical Proposals, Technical Project Plans, System Troubleshooting, Acceptance Testing, and Field Installation/Integration.
Requires a BS and 10-15 years relevant experience or MS and 6-10 years relevant experience or PhD and 3-6 years relevant experience. Acceptable college degrees will be in Electrical/Electronics Engineering and/or Communications Systems Engineering and/or Mechatronics Engineering and/or Physics with emphasis on Electro-Magnetic (EM), Radio Frequency (RF), and Radar systems theory. 15+ years of significant, demonstrated, relevant expertise and experience may be considered in lieu of college degree. Significant Military Operational experience related to Radio Frequency (RF), Radar, and Electronic Warfare (EW) systems and theory may be used in lieu of college degree.
Required Relevant Experience and Skills :
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of Radio Frequency (RF) theory and radar principles
- Experience in the development, integration or modernization/modification of high power radars or Electronic Warfare (EW) systems or simulators
- Experience with the integration and operation of high power RF transmitters (to include Magnetron, TWTA, Klystron and Solid State) in radar and EW systems
- Experience with the development, testing and operation of servo drive systems on radar pedestals
- Experience working with high voltage power supplies (>8kV)
- Experience analyzing, calibrating and modifying digital and analog circuitry for status/control and signal processing
- Ability to interpret user training requirements and develop EW simulator system design requirements
Preferred Relevant Experience and Skills :
- Experience researching US intelligence resources (such as EWIR / ELINT) to build EW simulation scenarios with appropriate RF parameters and engagement details
- Experience in the design/development of embedded programmable timing and control circuits using FPGA or similar programmable integrated circuits and devices
- Experience developing and testing firmware for FPGA/CPLD circuits
- In-depth knowledge of passive and active phased array antenna systems and beam steering techniques
- Working knowledge of EW Electronic Counter Measure (ECM) techniques
- Experience with the selection and integration of electrical power generators (diesel/propane) onto mobile platforms
- Significant Military Operational experience related to RF and EW systems