Leidos has career openings for Network Controllers at Scott AFB, IL.
Our customer is the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott Air Force Base, IL. and acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to its customers, the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations. The core telecommunications capabilities supported by GSM-O enables the Warfighter to meet operational needs by providing world-wide telecommunications, supporting natural disaster relief, and conducting humanitarian assistance in peace time crises, regional conflicts, and at the same time executing on-going strategic deterrence activities. This position directly supports the DISA-provided GIG capabilities and services in our 24x7 Global Network Support Center (GNSC) working in our Transport, IP, and / or Unified Capabilities (UC) NOC.
• Conduct network and telecommunications system incident investigation.
• Identify and document network errors and solutions.
• Analyze network and telecommunications alarms and identify potential issues.
• Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain network devices such as firewalls, cryptographic devices, and routers to optimize performance and ensure the desired security posture is attained and maintained.
• Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain network devices, phone systems, including phone units, voicemail, switches, infrastructure, call manager systems, Video Teleconference (VTC) systems video recording/viewing/distribution systems, and related telecommunications trunk circuits.
• Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain network devices including MSPP, Promina, ATM, and Optical.
• High School Diploma and 3+ yrs of relevant technical discipline; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE or equivalent) prior to start date.
• Able to work in a shift work environment as we are a 24/7 operation.
• Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, LAN maintenance, performance management
• Expertise in one or more of the following: routers, switches, crypto devices, routing, DSN/DRSN, GVS, ATM, Promina, CISCO, MSPP, Optical Switching.
• General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP.
• Currently possess an active Secret security clearance.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops
Defense & Intel