Looking for work-life balance? Leidos offers generous leave and accommodating flex-time to help you juggle your personal and professional life.
Our Leidos Advanced Solutions Group is seeking you, our next Senior System Administrator, to provide technical systems administration, configuration, and troubleshooting in support of an on-premise government system, to include system testing, system setup, installation, configuration, support and maintenance, including associated hardware working in Bethesda, MD. Help us with new system updates, as well as support on current systems by tuning performance, allocating storage space, and implementing critical system patches. Get to work with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and analysts leading the integration and deployment of the National Media Exploitation center (NMEC) DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) for a Department of Homeland Security network. Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to DHS policies and procedures across multiple skill areas, enabling mission success.
Fun stuff you will do:
- Responsible for setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, and allocating mass storage space.
- Handles networking support, administration, overall strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software.
- Schedules, plans, and oversees system upgrades.
- Develops functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with development team on systematic enhancements or changes.
- Performs fault isolation and diagnostic/assessment functions to include determination and execution of corrective action(s) on real-time basis.
- Assists in planning for upgrades and replacements for the program assets reaching the end of their life cycle.
- Supports asset acquisition, installation, configuration, and maintenance.
- Performs administrative level installation, configuration, and maintenance on all components/assets associated with the program.
- Serves as the technical expert responsible for the engineering, implementation, installation, operation, and maintenance of data archive and backup within Linux Red Hat and Centos networks.
- Integrates and support user-facing elements into applications environment.
To be successful in this role you need these skills:
- Bachelor's degree and at least 10 years' relevant experience or an additional 4 years' of experience may be used in lieu of degree
- Must have a current Top Secret security clearance and be eligible for TS/SCI with Polygraph
- 8 years' of experience with Windows OS
- 8 years' of experience in an operations role
- Familiar with Unix, Linux Red Hat and Centos enviornment
- 4 years' of patching servers, backups, permission management
- 8 years' experience providing Tier II & III Linux and Windows support
- Familiar with JIRA and Confluence
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification
- CompTIA Security+
External Referral Eligible