Leidos is seeking a candidate to fill a network engineer position supporting DISA's GSM-O contract at Scott AFB, IL.
The candidate will provide technical engineering assistance to all phases of network configuration, implementation, testing and performance enhancements. The candidate should have solid IP and or Voice over IP (VoIP) experience. The candidate should be capable of developing processes and procedures to enhance network management, performance and reliability activities. Conducts network testing, supervises technology insertion, and evaluates developmental software applications. Supports senior staff as required and ensures customer requirements and project milestones are met. Provide support on a 24x5 schedule.
Member of the network team supporting DISA GSM-O program. Interfaces with Government counterparts, both CONUS and OCONUS, as well as other Leidos and subcontractor team members. Responsible for the network components used on the program with specific responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Evaluate system network requirements and make appropriate technical recommendations.
2) Proficiency with Juniper networking devices to include: Establishing remote management connectivity, updating the operating systems, coordinating and performing verification test (BER or "burn-in" tests) configuring alarm and system profiles, and configuring/testing various layers of the OSI model.
3) Assist IA personnel regarding network security and SSP maintenance. Ensure that the network configuration meets all IA requirements.
4) Perform installation test and acceptance (IT&A) of network components both directly through the various GUI/CLI or interface systems, by directing and/or facilitating remote testing with on-site field engineering support.
5) Monitor network performance.
6) Support deployments as required.
7) Knowledge of IP principles
• Associate's degree and 2+ years of relevant experience. Military or related work experience may be substituted for education.
• IA 8570 Security + Required at Start
• JNCIA certification is desired
• Active DoD Top Secret with SCI eligibility
• Proficiency with Juniper IOS or other IP/transport specific management tools (EMS) and general practices.
• Experience in remotely configuring networking or transport devices.
• Basic Linux Administration or command line interface (CLI) and scripting skills.
• Ability to map IP addresses and subnets for networking devices or ability to establish in-band/out of band management connections on transport devices.
• Ability to interpret network topology diagrams and proposed device configuration changes.
• Ability to work in a team focused, dynamic environment.
• Expertise in IP technologies; i.e. Networking architectures, methodologies and Voice Services
• Proficiency in at least one of the following devices: SONUS SBC, Juniper MX5 routers, Juniper SRX210 firewalls, Juniper E2200 switches, SONUS SBCs, KG175
• Proficiency in at least one of the following tools: Solarwinds or JunOS Space
External Referral Eligible