The AIMES Program at Leidos currently has an opening for a Software Test Engineer to work in our Beavercreek, OH office. This is an exciting opportunity for potential candidates to use analytical skills and technical experience in the dynamic field of Full Motion Video development and deployment. We are seeking individuals with agile testing experience and experience with Windows and Linux operating systems. As a Software Test Engineer embedded within the Scrum team; you will be responsible for sprint, integration and release testing of full motion imagery software products designed to meet the needs of motion imagery analysts. You are also responsible for writing test plans based on software requirements, ensuring requirements are mapped to test steps and reporting software issues. You should be able to perform remedial system troubleshooting to find root causes of degraded performance or failures. The work will be accomplished across a range of direct contracts, internal research and development, and indirect tasks.
• Sprint, Integration and Release Testing of software releases. Reporting on and recording software discrepancies.
• Generate test cases and write test steps based on requirements for various software tests.
• Perform Software Release Test, Sprint Testing, and Factory acceptance testing.
• Map software test steps to defined software requirements.
• Ensure test steps have a logical flow that will mimic human interaction and implementations.
• Work with technical staff to determine the best test methods for new software features
• Work with software developers to determine the key software component that may be causing an issue.
• Work with requirements manager to ensure new requirements are testable requirements.
• Have the ability to comprehend system and functional requirements.
• Develop and present software test reports to management.
• Aid in determining the severity level of new discrepancies found in software applications.
• Be familiar with agile software testing methodologies.
• Be flexible in tasking changes due to supporting simultaneous software releases and customer deadlines.
• Use excellent written and verbal communication skills to organize and run meetings, scrums, and daily/weekly status reports
• Be able to troubleshoot functional failures to determine if the software or underlying infrastructure is the problem.
• Must possess strong analytical skills to analyze, troubleshoot, and determine root causes of sub-optimal or failed test results
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent and at least 4 years of software testing experience
• Experience in troubleshooting software problems on Windows and Linux operating systems
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally from informal one-on-one discussions or in a scrum team meeting.
• Work well within a team and independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work within a dynamic work environment, ability to handle multiple tasks based on priority
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: U.S. citizenship with ability to obtain a Secret clearance. Active Secret clearance is preferred.
• Strong IT troubleshooting skills
• Automated Software Test Experience
• System administration or network experience
• Experience with Software development build tools and processes (Build Pipeline)
• Knowledge of Full Motion video Systems
• Awareness of Systems Engineering principles.
• Experience with Windows, Linux, Microsoft Office