Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies" Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
Leidos has an Aerospace Engineer opening at NASA's Johnson Space Center, in Houston, Texas. As a member of the International Partner (IP)/ Visiting Vehicle (VV) Integration Team, the Aerospace Engineer will support NASA's ISS Avionics and Software Program Office by providing technical and programmatic coordination between ISS and the assigned international partner or NASA element organization on matters dealing with ISS avionics and software.
The engineer will:
- Technically integrate and sustain various IP elements, Visiting Vehicles (VV) (including Commercial Crew vehicles), or new NASA elements into the ISS system and subsystems for the Avionics & Software office
- Ensure compliance with applicable interface requirements
- Coordinate updates to the ISS Software Management Plan
- Analyze, evaluate, and support the disposition of Software Change Requests (SCR) and Schedule Issue/Change Forms (SIF) in accordance with established OD processes and procedures
- Integrate inputs from Operations, Engineering, Software Development, and Safety organizations on proposed software changes to develop recommendation(s) for Board(s) and Panel(s) as required
- Assist International Partners and/or US element providers with their software deliveries for joint testing and flight following activities
- Provide engineering assessments, requirements analysis, and test plan reviews for integrated testing and formal verification
- Provide technical integration for various flight software release packages including integration with the Mission Operations and Engineering organizations, and provide support to on-orbit operations as required
- Document on-board and ground data and software requirements from various IP, VV, and NASA element providers and participate in NASA-supported IP element/segment-level reviews or NASA element reviews as required
- Identify and integrate the resolution of software/data issues with the IPs, NASA organizations and the prime contractor
- Coordinate command, telemetry and data requirements with FOD (flight controllers/directors) and IP/MCC-H ground segment data teams
- Coordinate data and tool requirements for integration into ISS RECON, Command and Telemetry (ICATT), Standard Out and MCC-H processes. Coordinate command and telemetry processing guidelines in support of ICATT production cycles
- Office environment duties include supporting ISS boards and panels, as well as facilitating technical interchange meetings and teleconferences
- Interaction with other NASA or VV organizations and International Partners is required.
- The candidate will support periodic domestic and international travel as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS and 5 years of prior relevant experience or Masters 3 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: