Leidos has a career opening for a Systems Engineer in Vienna, VA. This position will be working with other Engineers and Task Leaders in providing technical support to the Department of Homeland Security's Office of Emergency Communications (OEC) for the Next Generation Network (NGN) priority services program and the National Security and Emergency Preparedness (NS/EP) Priority Telecommunication Services program. Supporting the OEC, the Systems Engineer will also be working with the major US network providers including AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon (among others) to provide priority communications over current and next generation wireline and wireless networks for services such as voice over IP (VoIP) over a Long Term Evolution (LTE) 4G network - and beyond.
- Requirements Analysis, System Architecting, System Analysis, Data Architectures Analysis, and Systems and Operational Performance Analysis;
- End product may be technical documents, reports, and briefings for our OEC customers;
- Involves participation in numerous meetings with Government and Senior Staff;
- Produce preliminary solutions to a variety of problems that may arise in an expeditious and timely manner;
- Make presentations to colleagues and Government customers on an occasional basis;
- Work independently or as part of a technical team, in support of Systems Engineering projects.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College/University in an Engineering field (Systems or Computer Engineering preferred) with 4 - 8 years overall engineering experience or Master's Degree with 2 - 6 years overall engineering experience;
- Demonstrated interest/experience in communication networks and systems such as LTE, IMS and services such as VoIP and Data;
- Interact well with a team, positive attitude, good oral and written communications skills, and strong self-initiative;
- Proficiency in MS Office;
- No initial clearance needed to start the program; however, must be able to obtain and maintain DHS Suitability and a Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Some Software Development experience;
- Familiarity with the Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC);
- Coursework involving communication networks, Internet Protocol (IP), and an understanding of information security;
- Knowledge or experience with some of the following is an advantage: Product Lifecycle Analysis, Requirements Analysis, Product Testing, Risk Analysis, VoIP, wireless technologies, next generation networks, industry standards organizations, Cellular networks;
- Experience with, or training in, programming (Java, Python, C++);
- Familiarity with SharePoint development/maintenance.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel