Leidos is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer for a position in the Northern Virginia area. The engineer must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph in order to be considered.
The Senior Systems Engineer will provide engineering guidance. Duties include, but are not limited to, contributing to the design of all baselines of software; participating in technical exchange meetings and peer reviews; obtaining software and hardware waivers; and coordinating approvals with the information security personnel and customer management.
The Senior Systems Engineer will collaborate with development, test and management to determine the best technical solution with the lowest risk; ensure consistent adherence to team processes and procedures; develop and adhere to project schedules and milestones; and provide weekly status updates to the management team. Additional duties include coordination with other systems engineers to answer frequent data calls and respond to technical initiatives and monitoring task progress of team members. The Senior Systems Engineer will analyze and assess changes in technology and develop, integrate, and create roadmaps to incorporate these technologies when appropriate.
- Requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or related scientific field.
- Supervision of systems engineers and demonstrated use of interactive, interpretative systems with on-line, real-time acquisition capabilities
- Candidate must have prior experience monitoring engineering process and procedures for potential improvements
- Candidate must have prior leadership and supervisory experience
- Candidate must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Candidate must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
-Familiarity with IT architectures including cloud computing and virtualization; information security and assurance; experience collaborating with diverse stakeholders
- Knowledge of Intelligence Community classification policies and classification guides
- Familiarity with XML
- Agile experience