Leidos has job opening for a Cyber Risk Management Governance Analyst Summer Intern in Reston, VA.
Leidos is seeking a cybersecurity intern for the Summer of 2019 in Reston, VA to help our Corporate Information Security (CIS) team. The Cybersecurity Risk Management Governance Analyst will assist the CIS Governance team in implementing the Leidos Cybersecurity Governance framework and process for continual compliance of internal and external cybersecurity regulations, policies and laws. This role will also assist in tracking progress of adoption, maturity and degree of compliance through governance processes and dashboard metrics/Key Performance Indicators via a reporting dashboard.
There is so much more to a career in cybersecurity than the stereotypical images of hackers and overworked IT professionals. Our mission at Leidos is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. Our work provides an immediate impact in the real world, here are some examples:
• Building resilient cybersecurity for next generation nuclear power plants
• Developing data analytics solutions for IT, operational technology (OT), and IoT systems
• Defending networks for the United States and our allies
• Providing cybersecurity services for hospitals so they can focus on clinical outcomes
• Developing cutting edge technology with embedded security to minimize vulnerabilities
• Testing and evaluating software and systems to validate their claimed security features
• Designing policies, procedures, and standards to improve security across technologies
Leidos has a world-class Security Intelligence Center which is responsible for combating threats to protect our customer's most critical missions. Leidos is an active and long-term partner of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and other federal agencies that are at the forefront of combating threats in the .gov domain.
Come join us for a rewarding experience alongside talented cyber professionals who can help you achieve your career goals!
In the Cybersecurity Internship Program, you will have the opportunity to participate in:
• Team-based work
• Impactful, challenging, and rewarding projects
• Mentoring, training, and professional development opportunities
• Promote a strong security culture via the policy lifecycle by making updates to policy and ensuring compliance with security requirements.
• Secure the business by promoting and consulting on security policies in alignment with regulatory requirements, by either following standards or helping to direct others on technology positions.
• Educate employees, security partners, and leadership on security related responsibilities and address any questions that arise regarding policy, control or standard interpretation.
• Educate all levels of employees about the importance of information security using both oral and written communications, through materials such as; blogs, articles, training material, and other innovative content.
• Ensure completeness of governance controls and documentation.
• Track and ensure that all related security training requirements are completed.
• Work closely with other security team members in completing cross functional projects.
• Actively pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Cybersecurity, Information Security, Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related degree, and have completed at least three years of an undergraduate curriculum or two years of experience and maintained a minimum 3.0.
• The following may be considered in lieu of pursuing a degree: Cybersecurity related training/certifications, Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) from top universities or institutions, experience, soft-skills, and passion for cybersecurity.
• Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communication.
• Demonstrated leadership or cyber skills gained from student clubs, community involvement or work experience.
• Fundamental understanding of networking, infrastructure, software development, and application technologies.
• Understanding of basic cyber threats such as phishing, ransomware, and social engineering.
• U.S. Citizenship is required.
• Currently studying governance, risk, and policy or have a strong desire to learn these security disciplines.
• Knowledge of securing network technologies, client, and server operating systems.
• Understanding of different threat actors such as the Advanced Persistent Threat and the threat landscape.
• Desired soft skills
oAnalytical mind with creative problem solving ability
oCurious and agile learner
oDesire to learn how things work
oEarly adopter of new technology
oAbility to clearly and concisely summarize information
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: