Leidos is seeking a Software Engineer Intern in Dayton, OH to help build and maintain software solutions for various applications and customer bases. Our team works primarily with C++ in an Agile development environment. Gain experience while working on challenging problems to help us achieve our project goals while supporting a highly skilled technical team operating in a fast paced environment.
- Implementing software and algorithm solutions in research tools, real-time embedded applications, or integrated demonstration systems.
- Supporting research and development to help us solve hard problems for our customers.
- Developing an understanding of the underlying theory and functions you are implementing in software, to enable collaboration with your research scientist colleagues.
- Working within a team to develop and demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, communication skills, and will be self-motivated.
- Working towards a BS in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- One or more years of combined software experience, including internships, course work, or hobby projects.
- Experience with Matlab, Python, and C++ programming languages and tools
- Experience working with Linux operating systems
- Experience working with software repositories and an understanding of version control.
- Demonstrable problem solving skills
- Ability to obtain a DoD secret clearance, US Citizenship required.
- Interest in machine learning and/or autonomous systems
- Knowledge of GUI development
- Strong written and oral communications skills and the ability to effectively interface with and brief technical solutions to customers
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: