The Defense and Intelligence group at Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a technically focused Program Manager proficient in Cloud programs and migration of applications to the Cloud to join a team responsible for transforming the application footprint of the Air Force from legacy data centers to commercial cloud environments in AWS and Azure. Leidos has supported the GCSS-AF team for more than a decade, and the contract is at the forefront of leading the charge in to the CCE (Common Computing Environment), utilizing multiple migration partners and multiple commercial clouds. The person will be working out of Charlottesville, VA
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, a quick learner and able to work independently while collaborating with other team members and external components in a complex environment. The ideal candidate will possess expertise in transforming and building end-to-end environments using DevOps to integrate, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and operate multiple systems on a traditional Engineered System.
The position will be responsible for managing multiple concurrent efforts on the GCSS-AF contract that the customer is using to achieve success in the cloud, to include acting as a systems integrator for multiple migration partners, leading the migration of apps by a Leidos team, and integrating with architecture and environment stand-up teams. The position will be responsible for collaborating closely with internal Leidos teams on the contract to develop the best approaches for migrating multiple applications in a cost-effective, repeatable, secure, scalable, and maintainable way. Primary responsibilities include:
• Manage technical effort of Leidos migration team on enhancing existing clouds and migrating applications in to those clouds
• Manage technical effort of Leidos migration team on re-factoring legacy applications to utilize Cloud-native services
• Provide guidance and expertise on migrations and cloud technologies to customers (both customer mission application program offices and lead customer program offices
• Be devoted to knowing the latest trends and advancements in the Cloud space
• Manage technical effort using Agile and DevOps processes and technologies.
• Manage all programmatic (scope, schedule, financial, contractual, subcontract) activities under specific cloud task area
• Proven development and control of project budgets
• Identifying, quantifying, and managing program risks
• Developing ROMs and proposal responses
• Overseeing Leidos and subcontractor employees, manages personnel performance, workloads and scheduling of personnel; adjusts staffing plans based on workload changes; re-allocates and re-prioritizes employees to optimize skills and provide surge support; and posts requisitions, interviews and hires personnel as needed.
• Developing program deliverables, and briefing government and Leidos management on project status
• Previous experience migrating application teams from data center to data center and from data center to cloud.
• Familiarity with both traditional and emerging system architectures (e.g., three tier, web services, micro-services, etc.)
• Demonstrated understanding of IT management, administration, applications and system development lifecycles within a substantial IT environment.
• Relevant knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel.
• Ability to communicate effectively with technical personnel, including ability to train technical personnel.
• Ability to consistently meet and exceed expectations and incorporate customer service into all aspects of work.
• Proven judgment and problem solving skills.
• Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external Subject Matter Experts
• Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects. Experience may suffice in lieu of degree.
• Experience with Cloud Platforms (AWS and/or Azure)
• Experience with Agile project management tools (JIRA)
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate across remote team members, management, and customers
• Demonstrated ability to guide peers, leaders, and decision makers on addressing complex issues
• Excellent communication skills
• Agile SCRUM Master certified
• Active Secret or Interim Secret Security Clearance
• Familiarity with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)