The Advanced Solutions Group is seeking a highly capable Mechanical Engineer to join the Leidos team under a prime contract to develop and field a new US Navy Autonomous Undersea Vehicle with innovative acoustic and maneuvering capabilities. The Mechanical Engineer will perform as a member of a multidisciplinary engineering team, with responsibility for timely completion of tasks under the direction and supervision of a Senior Mechanical Engineer. The project involves planning; multidisciplinary analysis; mechanical and electrical design; software development; and prototype fabrication, integration, and test leading to Low-Rate Initial Production.
Duties will include:
- Develop solutions to complex mechanical systems based on performance specification, constraints, and external interfaces
- Lead analysis and design of mechanical systems in an interdisciplinary team environment
- Prepare and present design review materials for customers and internal stakeholders
- Prepare purchase and test specifications for electro-mechanical components and subsystems
- Participate in planning for and tracking of progress in development projects using tools such as Microsoft Excel and Project
- Familiarity with design for hydrostatic pressure, galvanic and marine environmental corrosion factors and prevention methods, and use of SolidWorks CAD and PDM Pro CAD management software is desired.
- Requires BS and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Prior experience with either Mechanical Engineering or Ocean Engineering is preferred
- Requires working knowledge of and ability to apply standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques of technical domain.
- Maritime experience greatly preferred.
- Prior experience with ANSI Y14.1 drawing standards and SolidWorks CAD preferred.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: