The successful candidate will be a Member of the Towed System Intermediate Maintenance Activity (TS IMA) team in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. This site provides direct fleet support with towed acoustic systems installed on submarines and surface ships, including 24/7/365 worldwide casualty assistance (CASREP) support. Other responsibilities of the program include shipping/receiving/warehousing, government property administration, and asset tracking.
Candidate will be responsible for conducting towed array module physical inspection, electrical testing, troubleshooting, array assembly and ship board installation of towed bodies while working pier side, in all weather conditions and/or in a warehouse environment. Travel overseas and within CONUS on short notice may be required.
This position has occasional requirements for overtime work in order to meet US Navy operational schedules, and may have occasional requirements for extended travel to support surge work at other Towed System IMAs in order to meet US Navy operational schedules.
Selected applicant will receive on the job training and is expected to qualify as a Towed Systems IMA technician. Selected applicant must be able to interact with Navy, Government and civilian support contractors. For advancement consideration within the IMA program (when positions become available) the selected candidate must be a qualified Pier-Side Supervisor in accordance with Personnel Qualification Standard (PQS) requirements.
Candidate must be capable of performing assigned work with minimum supervision.
External Referral Eligible
- Graduate of an accredited technical institute or apprentice program in electronics above the high school level or successful completion of a military electronics course equivalent to U.S. Navy "C" school AND at least two years' experience in the test and repair of electronic/electrical equipment.
- Experience in the use of electronic test equipment and operation of various hand held power tools.
- Must be able to perform light mechanical maintenance actions and operate a forklift as part of assigned duties.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office products (2007/2010)
- Ability to obtain and retain a Department of Defense security clearance at the Secret level. Must obtain a minimum of an interim Secret prior to commencement of employment.
- Able to obtain a US Passport.
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
Preferred Experience: •
- Active DOD secret clearance.
- Prior US military service, preferably Navy and on a platform utilizing towed sonar systems (submarine or surface ship). •
- Graduate of a Navy Instructor Training course.
- Experienced in the operation, troubleshooting, and/or repair of towed sonar arrays, or experience with any of the following equipment is desirable: AN/BQQ-5, AN/BQQ-6, AN/BSY-1, AN/BSY-2, SQQ-89, OK-276, OA-9070/9070A, OK-410 or OK-542/542A.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SCA Engineering Tech
Defense & Intel