Leidos has multiple opportunities for System Test Engineers to join our team at the Theater Mission Planning Center (TMPC) segment of the Tomahawk Weapon System (TWS) located at the Washington Navy Yard.
This position is for a Tomahawk Planning System (TPS) System Test Engineer to eventually transition into a test engineer at the TMPC-level. The System Test Engineer will work in support of a Product Assurance contract with the US Navy Cruise Missile Project.
- Requirements analysis; software design analysis, specification reviews, user documentation inspection; test planning, test execution (functional, integration, regression and more), test results recording and reporting, operational test scenario development, milestone review participation, and site acceptance testing at multiple end-user locations as necessary.
- Domestic and some international travel may be required - possibly as high as 25% per year.
- Activities also include reviews and evaluation of products and processes and participation in various Engineering review boards.
- Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives.
- Develops solutions to technical problems that may require collaboration with internal experts.
- Regularly communicates with internal project team members, management, and external organizations and customers as necessary.
- Ensures project schedules and performance requirements are met.
- Contributes to the development of the organization's goals and objectives and process improvement.
- Operational experience with Tomahawk Planning System (TPS) mission planning is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of software engineering, software programming, databases including SQL, system interface testing, and test automation is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in related field with 5 years of experience. Additional years of experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
- Active Top Secret clearance with ability to be approved to TS/SCI
- Proficiency in computer applications languages technologies and/or capabilities required for this position.
- Good technical writing and communication skills.
- Experience with verification and validation test activities including development of test cases and procedures, execution of test procedures, documentation of test issues, and test reporting.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Testing and Quality Assurance
Defense & Intel