Leidos is seeking candidates that qualify for a Sr. Scrum Master role supporting our customer in Springfield, VA. An ACTIVE TS/SCI level security clearance is a HARD requirement for this position to be considered.
- Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
- Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
- Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
- Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
- Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
- May serve as a technical team or task lead.
- Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
This position supports the program's Cloud Support Services (CSS) team to provide quality cost effective solutions to the client. As part of the CSS Team the Scrum Master's expertise is needed to support a sophisticated enterprise cloud environment. The Scrum Master will actively lead and participate with Scrum development teams and meetings. The Scrum Master will be responsible for working with a highly functional team developing and automating server routines, optimizing system performance, establishing system monitoring, and maintaining established operating systems and security protocols for large production systems. Other responsibilities will include working with the team to define task breakdowns and effort estimates.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to manage multiple projects of medium to large scale through all sprints/iterations and phases of the project
- Organize and facilitate sprint planning and release planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, retrospectives, and other agile related events
- Track and communicate team metrics and sprint/release progress to all teams and management
- In partnership with the product owner, agile coaches, scrum teams on user story sizing and acceptance criteria definition, facilitates the definition of minimal viable product, and leads continuous refinement and prioritization of the product backlog
- Ensure the development teams are embracing and practicing core agile principles
- Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on product and sprint backlogs
- Assist with internal and external communication
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition
- Determine and remove all obstacles that may interfere with the ability of the teams' to deliver assigned goals
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
- Provide direction to project activities to ensure successful implementation and support
- Promote continuous improvement and help teams to increase velocity
- Promote a collaborative team environment that fosters experimentation, creativity and innovation
- Ability to communicate, influence and partner effectively using strong verbal and written communication
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- Masters Degree preferred.
- 10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
- Experience leading projects under Agile/Scrum
- Strong understanding of Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Strong understanding of DevOps and software/application development processes
- Experience managing complex large scale enterprise IT projects
- Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised
- Agile or Project Management Certifications (i.e Certified Scrum Master, Project Management Professional
- Experience working in enterprise environments using cloud platforms
- Experience with Microsoft Project
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel