Leidos is seeking candidates for a position of VMware (ESXi) Systems Engineer to support our customer in Springfield VA. An ACTIVE TS/SCI level security clearance is a hard requirement to be considered for this position.
Qualified candidates will be expected to perform the following:
- Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
- Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
- Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
- Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
- Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
- May serve as a technical team or task lead. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience
- VMware virtualization expertise is required to support both onsite and remote site activities.
- Install, configure and manage VMware virtualization environment components (vSphere, vRA, vROPS, ESX, NSX). Provide Operation and Sustainment support for the virtualization environment. Ensure virtualization systems are compliant within required security standards.
- Develop and maintain O&S Standard Operating Procedures for VMware virtualization environment.
- Support diagnoses and troubleshooting of problems with the virtualization environment including Microsoft Windows and Linux O/S systems.
- Within established procedures, responds to end user requests for technical support and assistance. Support off-hours maintenance activities.
- Support the Certification and Accreditation process for virtualization hosts. Gain familiarity with current data center infrastructure.
- Maintain current industry knowledge of development concept, practices and procedures Develop an in-depth understanding of the ITEMS DCS baseline capabilities, design and objectives.
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing vROPS and/or Log Insight in a production environment, to include developing policies and custom dashboards.
Skills and Abilities:
Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques. Knowledge of the current industry hardware, software, and equipment.
Professional certification in one or more relevant technologies.
- VMware ESX 6.0/6.5/6.7
- VMware vROPS 6
- Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2/2016
- Unix/Linux familiarity
- Windows 7/8/10
- TCP/IP, DNS, Local Area Networking, AD, GPO
- A candidate should have current VMware and/or Cisco UCS experience in their current job or within the last 2 years , with VMware and/or UCS certification preferred, but not required.
- Cloud experience (AWS, Azure)
- Cisco UCS Cloud Platform
- VMware NSX
- Experience creating and implementing workflows and blueprints for use with VMware vRA solution (vRA, Orchestrator)
- Remedy Experience a plus
- Technical written & verbal communication skills (technical writing)
- Experience supporting Intelligence and/or DoD Customers
TS/SCI clearance required.
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel