Leidos is seeking candidates for a VMware (ESXi) Systems Engineer position to support our customer in Arnold, MO. An ACTIVE TS/SCI level security clearance is a HARD requirement to be considered for this position.
This position is responsible for designing and defining system architecture for new or existing computer systems. Qualified candidates will be expected to perform the following:
- Complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering
- Systems modeling, simulation, and analysis
- Review completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients
- Plan and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements
- Develop documentation on new or existing systems
- Develop and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities
- Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- VMware virtualization expertise is required to support onsite activities
- Install, configure and manage VMware virtualization environment components (vSphere , vRA, vROPS, ESX, NSX) Provide Operation and Sustainment support for the virtualization environment
- Ensure virtualization systems are compliant within required security standards Develop and maintain O&S Standard Operating Procedures for VMware virtualization environment Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems with the virtualization environment including Microsoft and Linux O/S Within established procedures, responds to end user requests for technical support and assistance Support off hour maintenance activities Support the Certification and Accreditation process for virtualization hosts at the customer site Gain familiarity with current data center infrastructure Maintain current industry knowledge of development concept, practices and procedures
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the customer's IT baseline capabilities, design and objectives
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment
- Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment
- VMware ESX 5.0/5.5/6.0
- Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2
- Unix/Linux familiarity
- Windows 7/8/10
- TCP/IP, DNS, Local Area Networking, AD, GPO Desired Skills:
- Cloud experience (AWS, Azure)
- Experience creating and implementing workflows and blueprints for use with a VMware vRA solution (vRA, Orchestrator)
- Remedy Experience a plus
- Technical written & verbal communication skills (technical writing)
- Experience supporting Intelligence and/or DoD Customers
- TS/SCI clearance required.
"External Referral Eligible"