Leidos has an opening for a JRSS Operations Technical Service Desk Lead at Scott Air Force Base, Illinois.
Our customer, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), acts as the provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to its customers, the department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations. In this position you will oversee a team of network engineers operating a complex system of systems in a very dynamic and challenging environment supporting all agencies within the Department of Defense.
• Assist in delivering direct technical support to government customer.
• Oversee contractor support staff for the DISA-provided services in our 24x7 Global Network Support Center (GNSC) located at Scott AFB.
• Work closely with the other functional managers and senior NOC management to ensure cross functional processes and procedures are monitored and adhered to.
• Provide situational awareness to government customer on issues impacting the DoD networking systems and ensures GSMO leadership is aware of highly visible network outages.
• Ensure efficiency by identifying areas of improvement and recommending procedural changes that enables the Government to attain integrated outcomes that are effective.
• Mitigate risks by ensuring staff meet and exceed contractual requirements by directly interacting with operations team.
• Assign tasks to contractor personnel, supervising on-going technical efforts, and managing contract performance identified by the customer.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline with 6+ yrs. of overall related experience; additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Prior experience overseeing staff to include NOC Analysts, Subject Matter Experts, and Network Engineers in a 24x7x365 environment and diverse Network technologies.
• Hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, or equivalent) prior to start date.
• Ability to work in a 24/7 operation.
• Understanding of networking fundamentals including routers, switches, firewalls and Intrusion Protection Systems.
• Currently possess an active Secret security clearance and be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
• ITIL certification.
• Prior NOC experience.
• Experience with Juniper, Palo Alto, and Cisco devices.
• Understanding of Government Network Operations.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops
Defense & Intel