The Senior Capture Manager (CM) is responsible for providing effective capture leadership to National Solutions running large, complex captures in the Intelligence market. The Sr. CM will establish the strategy and capture plan, provide team leadership, mentor and motivate personnel, manage the budget, collaborate across the company, perform market analysis, monitor competitor activity, drive winning solutions, and contribute to overall Leidos growth and win rates. He/she will develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers.
The Sr. CM must thrive in a dynamic environment where they are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life-cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. The Sr. CM is expected to exercise sound judgment within broadly defined practices and policies; regularly interact with all levels of management, functional POCs, staff, and customers; and display a high degree of tact and diplomacy. Characteristics necessary for success include: business and technical vision; strategic thinking; analytical presentation and problem solving skills; the ability to gain internal support; the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers; and demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budget, capabilities required, customer preferences, competitive environment, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses
• Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices
• Serve Division Managers and Operation senior staff as the lead for call plan development and execution, and provide detailed reports on follow up activities after plan execution
• Plan and participate in capture activities, to include opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, collaboration sessions, proposal reviews
• Interact routinely with Operation and Group management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers
• Brief capture status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process, when material changes occur and as needed
• Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions
• Mentor less-experienced capture managers in effective capture management approaches and techniques
• Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions
• A proven track record of successful capture management across multiple DoD or Intel Community organizations at a variety of acquisition sizes and types
• Experience working directly with the Intel Community
• BA degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience, or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
• Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports
• Demonstrated access to key government customers and industry partners
• Experience with DoD budget, investments and acquisition processes
• Prior business development experience in the Intel Community market
Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish solid working relationships with technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos