The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Division at Leidos currently has an opening for an Information System Security Officer to work at our Ft. Meade, Maryland location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
The selected candidate will act as the primary Information System Security Officer for a large software development program which includes software maintenance and development, IT support (Network/Workstation/Server), systems integration and life cycle support, enterprise application development, network engineering, and information systems security (ISS). He/she will work with other security professionals in developing and implementing strategies to detect and mitigate threats to information systems, protect critical data sets, and provide assessments of system and network vulnerabilities. He/she will analyze threats and develop and implement best practices methodologies for incident detection, reporting, and vulnerability remediation.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
• Provide support to senior ISSOs for implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
• Evaluation of security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
• Assist with the CM for information system security software, hardware, and firmware
• Facilitate preparation and maintenance of documentation
• Maintain records on workstations, servers, routers, firewalls, intelligent hubs , network switches, etc. to include system upgrades
• Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
• Propose, coordinate, implement, and enforce information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
• Maintain operational security posture for an information system or program
• Provide support to the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) for maintaining the appropriate operational IA posture for a system, program, or enclave
• Develop and maintain documentation for C&A in accordance with ODNI and DoD policies
• Develop and update the system security plan and other IA documentation
• Provide CM for security-relevant information system software, hardware, and firmware
• Assist with the management of security aspects of the information system and perform day-today security operations of the system
• Develop system security policy and ensures compliance
• Administer the user identification and authentication mechanism of the Information System (IS)
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Information Assurance, or related discipline from an accredited college or university and 12-15 years of relevant experience or a Master's Degree with 10-12 years of relevant experience.
• DoD 8570 compliance with IAT Level I or higher is required.
• Five (5) years of experience with Defense in Depth principles/technology, including access control, authorization, identification and authentication, public key infrastructure, and network and enterprise security architecture.
• Five (5) years of experience applying risk assessment methodology to system development.
• Experience formulating and assessing IT security policy, including business impact.
• Experience preparing security plans for using an enterprise-wide security architecture that includes the design of cryptographic solutions.
• Experience developing integrated security services management, including assessing and auditing, network penetration testing, anti-virus planning, risk analysis, and incident response.
• Experience providing information assurance support for application development that includes system security certifications and project evaluations for firewalls that encompass the development, design, and implementation.
• Experience providing evaluation, review, and testing of security code.
• Must be committed to developing and adhering to best practices.
• Must be a solutions-oriented team player, and must possess a high level of self-initiative.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Past or current experience working as an ISSO on a government contract.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with: current security tools; hardware/software security implementation; communication protocols; encryption techniques/tools.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel