Leidos Health Group has an immediate opportunity for a Jr Email Engineer in Baltimore Maryland.
Under the direction of the Development and Engineering Leaf, Product Manager, Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager, you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Perform day-to-day Email administration tasks leveraging a combination of Microsoft Exchange Management Console and Exchange Management Shell (EMC/EMS) and the O365 ECP to manage end user mailboxes, shared mailboxes, distribution list, Room mailboxes and Public Folders.
- Leverage Microsoft Exchange Management Console and Exchange Management Shell (EMC/EMS) and the O365 ECP to create new end user mailboxes, shared mailboxes, distribution list, Room mailboxes and Public Folders.
- Perform day-to-day Active Directory management by updating and creating new security groups, update accounts permissions, manage Users and Workstations Organizational Units (OUs).
- Perform day-to-day Group Policy (GPO) management by creating and managing new and existing policies for end users account and workstations.
- Perform O&M tasks associated with Lync Server 2010 by managing existing user account provisioning script, perform certificate renewal, update service account password.
- Provide third level escalation support for Skype for Business client connectivity issues.
- Assist with the creation and maintaining documentation related to Email and Skype for Business processes and ConOps on a quarterly basis.
- Assist with issue escalation and resolution for client access issues for O365 and Skype for business raised by Deskside Support.
- Assist with routine evaluate related email processes and work for continued process improvement and automation and assist with implementation and management.
- Create new and modify existing PowerShell scripts to automate reporting or administrative tasks based on existing knowledge of Exchange Management Shell and assist on creating new processes.
- Assist with strategic planning for the ongoing design, development and improvement of messaging infrastructure, including requirements and implications as they relate to business continuity and disaster recovery and assist with any new implementation.
- Participate as required with DevOps oriented Agile Scum sprints for Email/Skype related projects and enhancements.
- Work directly with the customer and HHS ITIO operations teams collaborating on tasks, engineering efforts and issue resolution.
- Stay abreast of current and emerging technologies, regularly analyzing and evaluating their impact and benefit to the customer and provide recommendations to senior engineers and management and assist with the implementation effort.
- Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering, or Computer Science with 4+ years of progressive experience or Master's Degree in relevant field with 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Strong experience with administering Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, 2013 & O365 Exchange Online mailboxes, Distribution Groups and Shared Mailboxes.
- Experience with administering Active Directory environment using Windows 2008 or 2012 Servers.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Azure
- Experience in PowerShell scripting for Exchange online, Active Directory and Skype for Business
- Solid understanding of standard client/server, networking, TCP/IP, and internet fundamentals, and scripting (PowerShell).
- Experience with Active Directory Group/User object manipulation.
- Solid understanding of infrastructure services: DNS, WINS, DHCP.
- Understanding of Group Policies.
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of customer organization (technical resources, management).
- Previous experience working in an agile scrum environment.
- Previous experience employing DevOps methodologies.
- Experience with modern MDM platforms.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: