Leidos is looking for a Program Scheduler to join our team in either Sterling, VA or Lynnwood, WA.
Under the direction of the Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager, the Project Master Scheduler manages all project elements of the program (and related projects). These include:
- Advanced understanding of project planning that includes cost, schedule, risk, change control management, etc.
- Proven financial, cost, and schedule analytical skills.
- Planner/scheduler will be responsible for establishing and coordinating business rhythms required to accomplish program control, analyses and forecasting objectives across a portfolio of programs with a particular focus on resource management using the MS Project Server tool.
- Develop and maintain a program level IMS as well as potential internal Earned Value schedules to ensure deadline are met to generate necessary deliverables.
- On a weekly basis, perform QA in consultation with the Project Managers/CAMS on scheduled project tasks, including monitoring project progress
- Ensure that new project schedules are resource loaded. The planner will be responsible for collecting and implementing schedule status, providing critical path analysis, implementing baseline changes, and preparing reporting with regard to resource utilization on a monthly basis.
- Communicate schedule impacts and propose corrective actions to applicable stakeholders. Be prepared to present the master schedule as required during Program/Project Management meetings.
- Establish and enforce schedule guidelines for functional areas.
- Perform independent network analyses resulting in reports and metrics.
- Evaluate and make process improvements to support Project Planning objectives.
- BA degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Master level capability with Microsoft Project with the ability to build a range of project, program, and integrated master schedules.
- Ability to resource load schedules and properly estimate relationships and durations.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Expertise in understanding and mitigating risks to business operations.
- Self-starter and self-managed.
- Team player.
- Must possess the ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Program Financial Control