Leidos Health has an opening for Senior Functional Analyst supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs' Consolidated Mail Outpatient Pharmacy (CMOP) Sustainment and Modernization program. The CMOP is a network of seven (7) highly-automated production facilities which employ a mixture of robotic devices, conveyor systems, and human factors to accurately fill and ship nearly 117,000,000 prescriptions per year for healthcare beneficiaries including our nation's Veterans, and patients eligible for care through Indian Health Service (IHS).
JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE: The candidate will participate in a multi-disciplinary team dedicated to the sustainment and modernization of the CMOP facilities consistent with the project's objectives listed below:
- Maintenance: Maintenance to all software at the individual CMOP facilities used to interface with local production equipment and processes. This maintenance function involves phone and remote system support with the 7 CMOPs as well as on-site annual visits.
- Enhancement and Integration Support: Provide s services that improve performance, controls and documentation including equipment interfaces as new equipment is introduced at the CMOPs.
- Standardization: Develop and execute a long-term plan to provide standardization and stability to the Production Systems for all 7 CMOPs. The goals being as follows:
- Create multiple levels of documentation to support both operational and IT usage of each of the Production Systems
- Allow for standardized reporting based on an identical data structure
- Create a single version of the software that can support the varying hardware setups at each site
- Control all source code in a single repository for ease of deployment, modification and maintenance
The candidate will be responsible for providing software and systems analysis in support of maintenance, enhancements and modernization of the CMOP facilities. The software to be explored is responsible for order management, inventory control, fulfilling activities, and the interfaces with equipment on the automation floor. The candidate will support the project through requirements analysis, definition, use case/user story design and validation of customer business case requests. The candidate will work with the product owner(s) and the development team to determine a technical solution and/or implementation plan based on requirements. Must have experience working with customers, users and project leads in analyzing, designing, implementing and supporting IT business systems.
The candidate may also:
- Determine user requirements and design specifications for CMOP applications and solutions
- Elicit or expand upon CMOP business case requirements using interviews, document analysis, storyboards, requirements workshops, site visits, business process descriptions, scenarios, and task and workflow analysis
- Translate CMOP requirements into technical specifications that include but are not limited to, business requirements, technical requirements, operational requirements, business process flows, technical process flows, and/or use cases.
- Work closely with the development team to communicate the technical solution and/or implementation details to ensure that the product requirements are met.
- Handle several implementation tasks and/or projects at any given time.
- Communicate the status with the appropriate stakeholders throughout the implementation project life cycle.
- Provide input with creating test plans, test cases, and test scripts.
- Provide assistance with application testing.
- Organize and lead user acceptance testing (UAT) with the appropriate project stakeholders.
- Support software deployments related to assigned projects.
- Create documentation for any key project decisions, action items, issues, and other pertinent information.
- Create support documentation documenting product and/or application changes and troubleshooting guidelines.
- Provide daily, weekly, and/or monthly status reporting as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in information technologies or equivalent and 10 years of experience and 2+ years of experience in the field of industrial process automation similar to that in the CMOP.
- Proven experience in supporting large development initiatives that are similar in scope and complexity to the VA's CMOP.
- Candidate also MUST meet eligibility requirements for obtaining High-Risk Background Investigation (BI) security clearance.
Requires experience with:
- User Story definition and requirements elicitation / elaboration
- Strong communication skills
- MS Project 2010
- MS Visio process flows
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2015
- Agile Methodologies
- Test Driven Development
Understanding or experience of software development and integration processes including defining agile user stories and use case modeling. Maintain an in depth understanding of software applications and processes used by the organization. Understand system and operational requirements, downstream system impacts, and legal compliance obligations. Strong organization skills with ability to effectively handle varying workloads. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience in requirements analysis and design in pharmaceutical automation.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Business Systems Analysis