Reinvent yourself at Leidos! Uncover your potential by becoming a member of our team.
We are seeking you, a positive and proactive Senior Subcontracts Administrator who loves to procure and manage multiple medium to high visibility, high value critical tasks and risk subcontracts, including all contract types; and other strategic agreements simultaneously. If you have the urge to mentor, motivate and influence staff at varying levels of experience and wish to work in either San Diego, CA, Arlington, VA or Dayton Ohio, then this could be the job for you.
Fun stuff you will do on the job:
- Prepare Requests for Proposal, evaluate bids, select suppliers and negotiate price, terms and conditions, delivery, quality and service.
- Manage supplier performance during subcontract execution, including but not limited to monitoring the delivery schedule, processing invoices and review/approval of Subcontract Data Requirements (SDRLs). Work with program management to resolve any contractual issues.
- Interface with internal customers including but not limited to Contracts Management, Program Management, Program Execution, Finance, Quality, Receiving, and Accounts Payable (AP).
- Interacts with Supplier's Contract Representative and Executive Management.
- Review Costpoint Purchase Requisitions for completeness and obtain additional information as necessary.
- Act as integral proposal team member for competitive proposals, and lead the source selection team for competitive procurements. Prepare Small Business Subcontracting Plans.
- Prepare Requests for Quotation (RFQs)/Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and identify sources eligible to receive RFQ/RFP for complex and/or non-routine procurement requirements.
- Evaluate suppliers' quotes/proposals for compliance with RFQ/RFP and fact find suppliers' proposals.
- Perform cost and/or price analyses to determine price reasonableness.
- Lead negotiations with suppliers on price, schedule, and terms and conditions, and any other contractual requirements.
- Make subcontract awards to suppliers and document the subcontract folders in accordance with the company procurement policies and procedures.
- Perform subcontract close-out in a timely manner.
- Self-Starter with problem solving skills, proficient in the government acquisition process with a strong knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and agency supplements, such as Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR), NASA (NFS).
Skills needed to be successful in this job:
- BA degree and at least 8 years of prior relevant experience or an additional 4 years of experience may be used in lieu of degree
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance
- Experience with multiple Government (FAR / DFAR) contracting types e.g. Fixed Price (FP), Time & Material (T&M), Cost Plus Award Fee (CPAF), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), Level of Effort (LOE), Indefinite Delivery / Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) and General Service Administration (GSA) type contracts.
- Experience leading the review and analysis of RFPs, prepare compliant and complete cost/price proposals, and represent Leidos' interests during negotiations and subcontract administration.
- Experience in identifying and mitigating contract risks as well as coordinating appropriate reviews in accordance with company policy and procedures
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Familiar with Deltek systems
- International experience
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: