Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a program within the Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos, has an opening for a Senior Network Engineer. The Defense Information Systems Agency - Europe (DISA Europe) is located in Stuttgart, Germany and acts as provider of GIG/Defense Information System Network (DISN) services to the Department of Defense (DoD) and national security organizations.
The Senior Network Engineer will provide support to the Operational Engineering Division as the lead member of the Transport team. The primary role of Transport is to restore any network-impacting event affecting customer service. The team accomplishes this goal using a variety of resources, knowledge, and expertise to perform fault isolation, analysis, and troubleshooting across various Transport platforms including SONET Optical/Fiber Transport (ODXC/MSPP), Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM), Time Division Multiplexing (TDM), and cryptographic systems.
- Utilize advanced technical knowledge to support Transport platforms.
(CIENA 6500, CIENA Corestream, Cisco NCS2K, CISCO MSPP 15454/15310, SYCAMORE ODXC 16K/9K, XTERA, and other ancillary equipment)
- Provide senior level technical support to Transport engineering projects, network operations, and management of support activities
- Make timely decisions and escalate to leadership when required
- Develop solutions to complex technical issues and problems that affect multiple area or disciplines
- Effectively communicate with internal team members across multiple areas external to the organization (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.)
- Collaborate and communicate with key partners in various technologies to de-conflict efforts
- Provide accurate and timely status reporting for high priority issues affecting Transport Operations and Engineering
- Utilize technical knowledge and expertise to support key components of network engineering, configuration management, problem management, and performance management
- Addresses technical issues/problems using best practices and collaboration with colleagues
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security+ CE or CCNA Security.
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret Security Clearance with eligibility for a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Experience with some or all equipment platforms: CIENA 6500, CIENA Corestream, Cisco NCS2K, CISCO MSPP 15454/15310, SYCAMORE ODXC 16K/9K, XTERA, and other ancillary equipment.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Network Administration and Ops
Defense & Intel