Leidos Government Health & Safety Solution Group in Windsor Mill, MD in support of the End User Centric IT Support (ECIS) Contract for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is looking to improve and advance the organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our customer CMS where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We fosters a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
The successful candidate will work within an ITIL environment with a large focus on DevOps. The candidate will be a member of the ECIS Email Services Team providing Tier 2 support for O365 Hybrid Microsoft Exchange environment and Microsoft Lync Server. The system is based on Microsoft technology, including on-premises Exchange 2013 and O365, on-premises Lync Server 2010 and supports for more than 8,000 mailboxes. Independently develops solutions, approaches, or makes recommendations to resolve wide range of complex or difficult problems for both internal/external customers including vendors. These processes and production requirements often require a flexible work schedule. Serve as mentor for Junior Email Engineers. Candidate may need to give presentations from time to time and often this entails producing well written technical documents specific to the customer's environment and objectives. The candidate will participate in scrum sprint activities as needed for Email related service solutions. Candidate must be able to speak clearly and communicate effectively (both written and verbally) with a customer's Technical staff as well as Senior Management. Additional responsibilities will include troubleshooting and working with other technical functional groups i.e., Service Desk, Datacomm, EUA, Security and Engineering Team for all supported technical issues.
Under the direction of the Development and Engineering Leaf, Product Manager, Program Manager and Deputy Program Manager, responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Work with little or no supervision, provide guidance to the team when necessary and be able to adapt to changing requirements.
- Perform day-to-day Email administration tasks leveraging a combination of Microsoft Exchange Management Console and Exchange Management Shell (EMC/EMS) and the O365 ECP to manage end user mailboxes, shared mailboxes, distribution list, Room mailboxes and Public Folders.
- Leverage Microsoft Exchange Management Console and Exchange Management Shell (EMC/EMS) and the O365 ECP to create new end user mailboxes, shared mailboxes, distribution list, Room mailboxes and Public Folders.
- Perform day-to-day Active Directory management by updating and creating new security groups, update accounts permissions, manage Users and Workstations Organizational Units (OUs).
- Perform day-to-day Group Policy (GPO) management by creating and managing new and existing policies for end users account and workstations.
- Perform O&M tasks associated with Lync Server 2010 by managing existing user account provisioning script, perform certificate renewal, update service account password.
- Provide third level escalation support for Skype for Business client connectivity issues.
- Create and maintain documentation related to Email and Skype for Business processes and ConOps on a quarterly basis.
- Take the Lead with issue escalation by Deskside support team for client access issues for O365 and Skype for business for resolution.
- Routinely evaluate related email processes and work for continued process improvement and automation and make inform decision for implementation with proper change process.
- Create new and modify existing PowerShell scripts to automate reporting or administrative tasks based on extensive knowledge of Exchange Management Shell and create new processes that can be followed by junior level engineers.
- Provide strategic planning for the ongoing design, development and improvement of messaging infrastructure, including requirements and implications as they relate to business continuity and disaster recovery and recommend solutions to Management for consideration.
- Participate as required with DevOps oriented Agile Scum sprints for Email/Skype related projects and enhancements.
- Work directly with the customer and HHS ITIO operations teams collaborating on tasks, engineering efforts and issue resolution.
- Stay abreast of current and emerging technologies, regularly analyzing and evaluating their impact and benefit to the customer and provide recommendations to management and lead the implementation effort.
- Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering, or Computer Science with 8+ years of progressive experience or Master's Degree in relevant field with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Strong experience with administering Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, 2013 & O365 Exchange Online mailboxes, Distribution Groups and Shared Mailboxes.
- Strong experience with administering Active Directory environment using Windows 2008 or 2012 Servers.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Azure
- Experience in PowerShell scripting for Exchange online, Active Directory and Skype for Business
- Solid understanding of standard client/server, networking, TCP/IP, and internet fundamentals, and scripting (PowerShell).
- Strong Active Directory Group/User object manipulation.
- Solid understanding of infrastructure services: DNS, WINS, DHCP.
- Solid understanding of Group Policies.
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of customer organization (technical resources, management)
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Previous experience working in an agile scrum environment.
- Previous experience employing DevOps methodologies.
- Experience with modern MDM platforms.