Are you smart, versatile, and resourceful? Do enjoy the rush of working on concept design, analysis, detailed design, prototype development, lab testing, and field testing?
If so we are looking for you, our next Survivability Engineer to work in San Diego, CA (only 15 minutes from the beach)! Be part of a small team to interface with Customers and End Users to tackle their most stressing Survivability challenges. You will be an integral part of an energetic, highly-engaged small team where there are many overlapping roles and opportunities for cross-over skillsets to develop and contribute across a range of technologies. We know you'll take great pride in applying theory and technical creativity to rapidly develop impactful solutions.
Fun stuff you will be doing:
- Work with all aspects of the Electromagnetic (EM) Low Observables (LO) design cycle; from concept design, requirements definition, multidiscipline trade studies and analysis, to detailed engineering design, up to prototype fabrication and testing
- Provide direct engineering support for customers and end-users
- Perform CAD manipulation, finite element mesh refinement, code development, and data processing with statistics
To be successful in this role you will need these:
- Bachelor's Degree in Science and/or Engineering with at least 3 years of related experience
- Must have a Secret Security Clearance and the ability to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance
- Must have excellent computer skills, with experience using MATLAB, LINUX and/or UNIX
- Must have aptitude and desire to perform analytics, including large dataset management, statistical analysis, and post-processing
- Must be proficient with basic hand and shop tools for the purpose of test article preparation and/or prototype development
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Must have excellent problem solving skills, and must be meticulous, organized, responsible, and self-motivated with a can-do attitude
- Must thrive in fast-paced environment
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Background in Physics, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, and/or Mechanical Engineering
- Working knowledge of material properties as they relate to RF/LO design and characterization
- Working knowledge of composite materials, Additive Manufacturing, adhesives, coatings, etc.
- Programming experience, C/C++, Visual Basic.
- Aptitude and desire to perform programming for the purpose of data manipulation and processing
- Working aptitude for surfacing, manipulation, and meshing of CAD geometries for use in analytical codes
- Proficiency in Geometry, Trigonometry, and Linear Algebra
- Familiarity with computational electromagnetic (CEM) methodology
- Experience in radar absorbing material (RAM) and radar absorbing structure (RAS) design and fabrication
- Experience with MS Office
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: