The NISC III program is seeking a Part Time Security Operations Security Procedures and Support Specialist (FAA expertise) to support the FAA Air Traffic Organization (ATO) in assisting with the following:
- Air Traffic requirements, Air traffic plans and procedures, Flight planning, Aircraft call signs, Flight operations, and Air Traffic Management (ATM) security programs.
In addition, the employee will perform the following duties:
- Provide support to emergency operations programs, including crisis response, continuity, contingency, and exercise activities.
- Provide support to the ATO National Headquarters Crisis Response and Emergency Operations Center in Washington, DC.
- Draft Security policies and procedures on NAS Crisis Management and track the deployment of personnel for crisis response activities.
- Support the ATO Incident Response Management Center (AIRMAC) on a 24/7 basis when activated at FAA Headquarters.
- Log and maintain all crisis response activities. Assist FAA ATO security related programs related to Department of Defense (DOD) United States Strategic Command (USSSTRATCOM) classified missions for GPS testing.
- Review, classified DOD GPS information to assist in determining appropriate mitigation solutions as they pertain to the NAS.
- Provide SME for the FAA Systems Operations Security Group.
- Provide specialized air navigation services related to the FAA NAS with air traffic requirements, policies/procedures, flight planning, flight operations, ATM centric security functions, and assistance with emergency procedures.
- Review FAA DCPs and write amendments and revisions for FAA Procedural Orders.
- Support the FAA ATO in assisting with Air Traffic requirements, air traffic plans and procedures, flight planning, aircraft call signs, flight operations, and ATM security programs.
- Support the emergency operations programs, including crisis response, continuity, contingency, and exercise activities. Provide support to the ATO National Headquarters Crisis Response and Emergency Operations Center
Education and experience:
- Requires a BA degree and 15+ years of prior relevant experience, Masters with 13+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional relevant work experience can be substituted in lieu of Bachelor's/Master's degree.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Experience with flight operations within the FAA National Airspace System.
- Experienced professional with the ability to write FAA procedures and have previous knowledge to make recommendations for procedures.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: