The Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group is seeking a System Administrator to support a DoD customer at Quantico VA and Springfield, VA.
The Systems Administrator will perform a range of installation, maintenance and sustainment duties supporting approximately 200 workstations. The successful candidate will provide operations and sustainment support including hardware and peripheral connections, troubleshoot hardware and software issues, perform preventive maintenance, apply operating system and application patches, perform workstation security scans and address findings, and communicate with the customer technical task manager to plan and prioritize support activities.
• Support the installation, maintenance, and sustainment of approximately 200 workstations, and deploy and test specialized mission applications.
• Execute planned and unscheduled maintenance activities and upgrades.• Coordinate with internal and external offices to resolve customer desktop or connection issues.
• Support hardware recap activities.
• Isolate and resolve equipment malfunctions.
• Coordinate, track and close helpdesk incident reports.
• Provide weekly activity reports detailing work accomplished, issues/resolutions, planned activities, etc.
• Perform system start-up, shutdown, monitoring, tuning and backups.• Perform system configuration and upgrades.
• Perform user account maintenance, operating system and software upgrades.• Perform workstation security scans and resolve findings.
• Manage software licenses including allocation and removal (if necessary).
• Adhere to MCIA, DoD, DoN and other appropriate standards, regulations, and directives.
• Install and upgrade operating system software and applications, including patches.• Provide support for workstations and printers, including the configuration of the hardware devices, and testing new software.
• Maintain IAVA compliance, including running virus scans.
• Identify and execute process improvements and other enhancements that improve operational efficiency.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
• Create and maintain documentation to help train employees resolve day to day issues and knowledge transfer.• BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
• BS Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other Engineering or Technical discipline and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. Four additional years of applicable experience with appropriate certifications may be substituted for the degree.
• Experience with Windows Server and Windows Desktop administration.
• Proficient in Windows 7 & 10 troubleshooting and support.
• Experience supporting geographic information system (GIS) software.
• Experience with Remedy or other helpdesk ticketing software.• DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (i.e., Security+|CE).
• DoD 8140 Windows Computing Environment (CE) certification (i.e., Windows 10).
• U.S. Citizenship required.ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experience supporting Authorization To Operate (ATO) package development, support, adjustment, justification and implementations support
.• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to end users and management.
• Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple priorities, along with a strong work ethic.
• External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Defense & Intel