This role leads and manages day-to-day transition activities for transferring operations and responsibility from the incumbent to the Leidos Team. This roles plans, organizes, secures, and manages resources to bring about the successful completion of the transition. Duties include ensuring that the transition occurs within the defined schedule, scope, time, and budget constraints; management of the transition plan and IMS; management, tasking and scheduling of the transition teams conducting inventory and aircraft configuration surveys, technical training, functional training and other hiring activities; customer meetings and program team meetings to facilitate a smooth transition; and, other related activities. This role interfaces with Government, project leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel. This role requires experience managing and transitioning large scale complex programs and will include some travel across the Continental United States and the Caribbean. This role also requires excellent oral and written communication skills for interfacing with the Government, leadership and staff.
- Previous program transition experience on other government contracts preferred
- Bachelor's Degree and 8 years prior relevant work experience. Additional years of work experience in lieu of degree is acceptable.
- Experience displaying expert domain knowledge in a technical field.
- Experience negotiating complex scenarios and challenges and devising courses of action to resolve situations with predictable outcomes.
- Experience leading critical objectives where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome.
- Experience supervising others.
- Experience managing and transitioning large scale complex programs
- Working knowledge of aviation-related programs