Provide general program information and/or general position overview. Example: The [Name] Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a [Job Title] to work in our [City, State] office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the [Contract/Program Name] mission. In this mission we...
The Leidos Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosives (CBRNE) Portfolio has a Chemical Weapons Training Specialist position available. The opportunity for the Chemical Weapons Training Specialist will provide technical support under the Leidos prime contract for delivering services and development efforts supporting the Research Development Engineering Command (RDECOM) Chemical and Biological Center. This position is located at Aberdeen Proving Ground - Edgewood Area, Maryland.
The Chemical Weapons Training Specialist will support the Advanced Chemical, Biological, Radiological (CBR) Training Branch in designing, developing, and performing training activities for warfighters, other Government Agencies, and civilian personnel in areas of chemical Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs), field identification and analysis protocols, conduct of operations and other areas unique to chemical WMD detection, identification, and countermeasures. The Specialist shall be responsible in working with both Federal Government staff / officials and other Leidos support personnel in planning, executing, and completing field activities associated with WMD and Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosive (CBRNE) training, demonstration, field exercises, table top exercises and other duties as assigned by the Government Project Team Lead.
- Assist Federal Agencies in training development and training execution of chemical oriented weapons of mass destruction.
- Leads/supports chemical training events through the lifecycle - defining organizational tactics, techniques and procedures (TTP's); integration of TTP's with the training being offered; interfacing with CBRNE subject matter experts; building a rapport with the customer; partnering with Chief, Special Plans Office to develop business.
- Assists in special projects for classified customers, to include chemical solutions as it relates to engineering, construction, response, training and application.
- Articulates and communicates to the team the assignment, project, problem to be solved, actionable events, milestones, and/or program issues under review, and deadlines and timeframes for completion.
- B.S. Degree in Chemistry (Organic or Analytical Chemistry preferred) with 3-5 years' chemical (WMD) training experience or a Master's Degree in Chemistry (Organic or Analytical Chemistry preferred) with 1-2 years' Chemical WMD training experience.
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Experience in setting up, operating, maintaining, and calibrating field analytical equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively with government and contractor personnel
- Ability to coordinate team activities and offer expertise for the resolution of issues
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Minimum of Secret Clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI
- Ability to travel 20-25 percent of the time.
- Military Experience, Civil Support Team experience and/or Military Occupation Specialty preferred.
- Experience in working with Gov't and civilian agencies.
- Experience in organic chemical synthesis techniques