The Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos, has an opening for a F5 Load Balancing Engineer (Subject Matter Expert) on the JRSS Operations Engineering team at Scott AFB, IL.
Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), located at Scott AFB, IL is collaborating with the U.S. Army and Air Force to fundamentally change the way the Department of Defense (DoD) secures and protects its information networks by deploying Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS). Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS) are designed for security of the network to be centralized into regional architectures instead of locally distributed architectures at each military base, post, camp or station.
This F5 Load Balancing Engineer role will support the GSM-O program providing sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of JRSS. This team works in a performance-based environment where our performance is based on Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP).
• Research, design, build, test, deploy, analyze, administer, and maintain the enterprise F5 network environments (hardware, software, and configuration components)
• Maintain the F5 Big-IP Viprions with vCMP and LTM utilizing route domains and partitions
• Review and provide recommendations to improve the F5 solution
• Design and develop processes and documentation for lower level technicians. Direct junior technicians/engineers as needed to complete projects.
• Perform reach back to OEM Vendors to de-conflict operational issues with known operating system bugs and security alerts
• Troubleshoot, configure, upgrade, maintain and monitor the F5 Big-IP load balancer network architecture
• Develop Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs)/Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for troubleshooting and quickly identifying issues
• Analyze network alarms and identify sources
• Troubleshoot F5 configuration issues
• Troubleshoot traffic through the F5s
• Troubleshoot application monitors
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline with 8 years of overall related experience; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree
• Must hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, or equivalent) prior to start date
• Currently possess an active Secret security clearance
• Ability to perform after hours on-call duties as required of the program
• Experience with the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, LAN maintenance, performance management
• Expert knowledge of TCP/IP, IP routing, LAN and WAN protocols, BGP, campus and data center switching, and load balancing focusing on Cisco and F5 solutions
• Expertise with of the following devices/vendors: PaloAlto Firewalls, CISCO, Juniper, A10, LTM, and F5
• Experience with Application Partitions, Route Domains & vCMP on Viprion and appliance platforms
• F5 experience must include: LTM, vCMP, tmsh, partition & route domains
External Referral Eligible