No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
Leidos has an opening for a Network Administrator to support the ESA IV program. ESA IV is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
The individual selected for this position will be a member of the Systems Operations and Administration (SOA) team and will be assigned to work full time at a customer site in Washington, DC. This individual will perform Network Administration activities at the customer site. Very good hands-on knowledge of Network monitoring, maintenance and administration is required for this position.
- Manage and maintain the customer network, including managing the routing and switching environment; includes adding routes, adding VLANs, adding a switch, replacing a switch.
- Make firewall rule requests to the customer's network organization
- Manage and maintain the customer Wi-Fi environment
- Ensure the deployment of patches, or hot fixes, to network infrastructure devices
- Work in a rapid paced environment, work independently
- Maintain the smooth operation of a multi-user computer systems, including coordination with other administrators, customers and engineers
- Interact with users and evaluate vendor products
- Evaluate hardware and software, with the goal of improving and increasingly automating operations
- Create, maintain, and implement detailed documentation and maintain standard operating procedures
- Apply security settings and other commercial security best practices
- Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule; also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations
The ideal candidate will be personable and articulate, and will focus on making sure that the customer's IT needs are met quickly and effectively. He or she will be a self-starter who can work with limited supervision. Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers on site and with staff in the main office in Washington, DC.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and a minimum of 3 years' experience, or a Master's degree and less than 2 years relevant experience. Additional years of experience, and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Customer interface experience
- Very good experience with network devices and network monitoring, including switches, routers and Wi-Fi devices
- Experience using Cisco Prime for Network Monitoring
- Scripting experience
- System (hardware) and application (software) installation and configuration
- System monitoring using installed tools as well as external tools
- Application of security settings and other commercial security best practices
- Experience with configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining virtual and cloud environments
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification
- ITIL training and/or certification
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux servers
- Working knowledge of NetApp and other storage devices
- Past experience with the Department of Justice
- DOJ or DOD Active Clearance
- Exposure to SQL and Oracle and database concepts and installations
- ITSM knowledge and experience, particularly with ServiceNow
This position requires that a security investigation be completed by the ATR to permit access to customer-sensitive information.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: