The Veteran's Health group at Leidos has an opening for a Project Manager responsible for serving as the subject matter expert (SME) for assigned project applications, possessing a working knowledge of managing customer focused ITSM/ITIL related projects as well as the ability to converse fluently with architects, technical teams, product development and all levels of line of business management staff.
Candidate MUST have a current PMP certification, Masters Degree and 15 years of experience to be qualified.
- Working with BTI program team, provide on-going PM management through completion of program. All standard PM duties apply, including budgetary, updating and maintaining in PMO tools
- Manage all BTI/PMO/Customer PM reporting responsibilities as required, including the identification, management and reporting of BTI Program risks and issues
- Provide overall project status reporting, including PMO Special Projects reviews
- Pro-actively schedules and facilitates project meetings, records and maintains project meeting minutes, including action items and maintaining program deliverables reporting
- Assist program SMEs with the development, testing, implementation and Optimization of IT service SOPs, Policies, Knowledge Transfer, Technical Customer Support and IT Governance
- Identify and assist with mitigating program/project risks and issues.
- Masters degree plus 15 yrs experience. 10 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree. (Qualifications are based on Department of Veteran Affairs requirements)
- Strong PMP skills w/experience managing IT Service Delivery/Data Center performance improvement related projects, well versed in PMO life cycle and project management methodologies.
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to function in highly complex IT customer environments
- Adaptable, able to thrive in constantly changing customer environments
- Strong business edge, able to think on their feet and mitigate matters that add no value to the program, customer or business
- Understands customer first concepts, possesses direct customer PM experience
- Strong communication, presentation skills, able to quickly engage with the customer while maintaining a positive attitude under constant pressure
- Willing and able to learn new skills, in some cases, on the fly and outside the scope of the job.
- Self-starter, able to see the big picture, shows urgency and understanding for the needs of the customer.
- Team player with proven ability to work collaboratively in a distributed team environment, strong team building skills, able to drive the PM process.
- IT service delivery experience in multi-customer environments using ITIL/ISO frameworks
- Organizational Change, Team Building, Team Leadership and IT Performance Improvement and Program Turnaround
- Project Budgetary, Fiscal and Cost Leadership
- Complex IT project deliveries in diverse customer environments
- Development, implementation, sustainment and optimization of IT service SOPs, Policies, Knowledge Transfer, Technical Customer Support programs and IT Governance
- IT Performance Improvement and Program Turnaround Initiatives Complex IT project deliveries in diverse customer environments
- Experience with Service Level Management Metrics and Reporting methodologies
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required
- ITILv3 Foundations certification required
- Position requires the ability to obtain a security clearance.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Proj and Prog Management