The Cyber & SIGINT Solutions Division of the Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Database Engineer to work at our Ft. Meade, Maryland location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
Job Summary and Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
The selected individual must be able to efficiently investigate complex database issues and provide solutions in a dynamic, complex, production environment. He/she must have the ability to effectively interface with customers, system administrators, database team members, software developers, and senior-level management. He/she will be expected to learn and understand data models and data architecture documents. Solutions developed to support the customer's needs will be written using SQL, PL/SQL, and scripting languages. Other tasks may include applying Oracle patches and upgrading the database structure, as well as tasks in data conversion and other database-centric process improvements.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related discipline and 12-15 years of related experience or Masters Degree and 10-13 years of related experience.
• Must have at least 12 years general experience as an Oracle Database Engineer to include experience with tasks such as data migration, data replication, user administration, backup and recovery, and general DBA tasks.
• Must have at least 10 years of Oracle Database Administration experience
.• Must have at least 5 years of experience with Linux (RHEL).
• Must have 2 years of shell scripting experience.
• Must have 2 years experience with PL/SQL.
• Must have good communication skills, both verbally and written.
• Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• 5 years experience with Oracle Grid/RAC in a Linux environment.
• Experience with real time highly available data replication technologies such as Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Streams, Oracle Golden Gate, Sybase Replication Server
• Experience with MySQL