Leidos is seeking an Enterprise Architect to join our Corporate Enterprise Engineering team. This position can be supported from one of the following locations: Reston - VA, King of Prussia - PA, Orlando - FL, or Gaithersburg - MD.
In this senior level Technical Architect role, you will establish and lead the Enterprise Architecture discipline to implement a method for defining systems, tools to describing the architecture, and defining standards for Leidos CIO Services. You will be expected to ensure that the overall CIO Services architecture is maintained in a coherent manner and that appropriate considerations are made for quality and security. Furthermore, your primary role of the Enterprise Architect is to ensure that the respective business, application, data and technology perspectives are in line with the organization's technology and governance strategies, policies and standards.
- Advises and recommends enterprise architecture strategies, processes and methodologies. Implement the strategy for the development of IT/technology architecture work
- Recommends and participates in the analysis, evaluation and development of enterprise long-term strategic and operating plans to ensure that the EA objectives are consistent with the enterprise's long-term business objectives.
- Share best practices, lessons learned and constantly updates the technical system architecture requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current and up-coming vendor products and solutions.
- Participates in and manages Architecture Working Groups for the development and maintenance of the Enterprise Architecture.
- Collaborates with all relevant parties in order to review the objectives and constraints of each solution and determine conformance with the EA. Recommends the most suitable technical architecture and defines solutions at a high level.
- Interacts extensively and regularly with others (business architects, solutions/application architects, and data, security and infrastructure operations, and engineering personnel) to ensure that the technical architecture is consistent across projects
- Provide leadership in infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques including mass application movements into the cloud including implementation of Azure or AWS within in large regulated enterprise environments
- Master's degree and minimum 15 years of relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Master's degree.
- Experience with solution architecture and solution experience across multiple architecture domains such as business, data, integration, and application.
- Experience with Data Integration patterns and Integration of Data & Business architectures.
- Leadership experience with end-to-end business process design, business events derivation, and associated data objects and entity modeling.
- Proven ability to drive Enterprise Architecture strategy, methodology and standards that delivers enterprise data model, associated meta model, common business vocabulary and taxonomies.
- Knowledge of Advanced Analytics concepts/ Data Science - exposure to applying machine learning/statistical models on large/enterprise-grade data.
- Working knowledge/conceptual understanding of AWS/Cloud-based managed services such as S3, EMR, RedShift etc.
- Practitioner's experience with multiple Architecture Frameworks ( FEAF, DODAF, TOGAF, Zachman).
- Ability to interact, build a working relationship with stakeholders to develop an architecture strategy, processes and deliver IT assets to meet the business objectives.
- Demonstrated experience planning, constructing, starting and implementing enterprise architecture related governance with senior management collaboration.
- Knowledge of IT Quality Assurance processes.
- Robust knowledge within Security Architecture.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills.
- US citizenship and ability to obtain security clearance.
- Framework certifications
- 6-Sigma CMMI or TQM certification
- Experience working within mobile, cloud and infrastructure solutions environments
- CoBiT framework experience