Leidos has an immediate opening for an ISR Training Manager at Hurlburt Field, FL. Candidates must possess a current Top Secret with SCI eligibility in order to be considered. The selected candidate will assist in the planning, tracking, and organization of aircrew training in accordance with Air Force training regulations. The candidate must possess an active TS/SCI security clearance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Serves as an ISR Training Manager for a SOF ISR unit. Responsible for developing and maintaining training records, permanent training files, training reference materials, and tracking aircrew member currency/non-currency status for periodic training requirements. Responsible for prioritizing and scheduling training for the support of special operations missions while ensuring standards are maintained for current courses and curriculums. The ideal candidate will have experience in the planning, tracking, and organization of aircrew training, as well as experience working with SOF aircrew members.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Monitor, track, and report aircrew member training progress throughout all facets of aircrew and specialized skills training/certification
- Monitor and report individual aircrew member currency/non-currency status for periodic training requirements
- Open, maintain, and close aircrew training folders and records
- Schedule ground training events and TDYs for aircrew members and issue applicable training reporting instructions
- Provide periodic summary reports of aircrew member training statistics, to include weekly activity reports and general monthly/quarterly/annual numbers
- Prepare, issue, and track training materials and workbooks
- Attend meetings and provide briefs regarding training issues and priorities
- Coordinate with Evaluations, Director of Operations, and Unit Commander offices for training document signatures
- Update and maintain continuity documentation for office processes and procedures
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Candidate must have 8 years of related experience. An Associate's degree with 6 years of related experience, or a Bachelor's degree with 4 years of experience may be combined to meet the 8 year requirement.
Candidate must have the ability to work independently and function as part of a dynamic team. Must have strong customer service skills to support dealing with a variety of military leadership and civilian managers. Must communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, and have proficiency using Microsoft Office. Candidate must have an active TS clearance with SCI eligibility.