Systems Integration Engineer Egg Harbor Township NJ
Leidos is seeking a Systems Integration Engineer for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Time Based Flow Management (TBFM) program who possess a high level Air Traffic Control domain knowledge experience and integrating and testing new functionality into a real time based system. The purpose of TBFM is to maximize use of available National Airspace System (NAS) resources, while minimizing delays and disruptions to aircraft operators and their customers, as well as reducing fuel burn and engine emissions thereby decreasing user operational costs.
• Support setting up, developing and maintaining computer networks (LAN, WAN, SAN...).
• Maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network and Lab/System architects on network optimization.
• Undertake capacity management and audit of IP addressing and hosted devices within data center.
• Planning, designing, and evaluating test plans and procedure, as well as collaborating with systems engineering, software and production management.
• Create excellent technical solutions for complex software engineering system integration challenges within the constraints of cost, schedule and scope.
• Integrating Software/Hardware using various commercial, FOSS products (SW/HW) and getting the pieces to work together.
• Identifying potential products, preferably open source, to enhance system performance and monitoring.
• Designing and setting up Linux OS distributions, preferably Red Hat. Specifics should include LDAP, DHCP, and PXE: including Kickstart and associated scripting.
• Configure network components including switches, routers, and firewalls. Extensive range of troubleshooting experience including LAN, WAN, and extranets.
• Configure firewall including policy updates.
*Other responsibilities include: Provide remote support to on-site engineers and end users/customers during site installations, including remote troubleshooting and fault finding of issues upon the initial installation
• Typically requires Bachelors of Computer/Engineering degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or a Master's Degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience
• Linux skills on par with a Red Hat Certified Engineer
• Virtualization: Demonstrated expertise designing, building, and supporting virtual environments
• Experience managing Cloud computing environments with emphasis on managing software development tools
• Design, build, and configure storage
• Excellent problem diagnostic skills
• Documents all work with thoroughness and clarity.
• Team oriented individual with well-developed communication skills
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification preferred.
• Proactively maintain and develop all Linux infrastructure technology to maintain a 24x7x365 uptime service
• Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments
• Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, hot fixes on servers, workstations, and network hardware
• Create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks
• Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment
• Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes
• Familiarity with Hypervisors such as KVM, VirtualBox, Solaris container and SAN management and concepts.
• Expert in Shell, Perl, and/or Python scripting
• Solid knowledge of protocols such as NFS, DNS, HTTP, NIS, LDAP, SMTP and SNMP
• Hands on experience with MongoDB, MySQL, Backup/Restore and Enterprise Storage systems.
• HW and application administration of SW, adaptations and customization repository systems such as Git and ClearCase/DDTS.
• Additional Linux certifications (RHCT, RHCE and LPIC) will be considered an advantage
• Strong problem solving and communication skills
• Experience creating tools to monitor systems and automate jobs.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: