The A&P Technicians are responsible for performing maintenance and alteration tasks on civil aviation articles in accordance with the current technical data provided in the manufacturer's Instructions for Continued Airworthiness, Service Bulletins, Service Letters, Airworthiness Directives, government and industry standard practices and other data acceptable to or approved by the FAA.
The A&P Technicians are thoroughly familiar with all tools and equipment, including inspection aids, used within their assigned area of responsibility. The Mechanics will record all work performed on the appropriate maintenance record. The A&P Technicians perform their tasking as A&P technicians within 14 CFR Part 43, 65, and 145 as applicable. The Leidos A&P Technicians will have at a minimum a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Power Plant (A&P) certification and a minimum of 3 years' experience. The A&P Technicians (A&P Technicians) report directly to their department lead. A&P Technicians listed in the table below will have a FAA IA.
This position is a full time responsibility and is located at manned locations
• Reports to the assigned lead
• Properly executes the duties assigned
• Performs maintenance and alteration tasks on civil aviation articles in accordance with the current technical data provided in the manufacturer's ICAs, SBs, service letters, ADs, government and industry standard practices, and other data acceptable to or approved by FAA
• Properly records the work performed in the appropriate maintenance record
• Performs all other duties assigned
High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of seven (7) years' experience as a fixed-wing aircraft mechanic with two (2) of the seven years as a Lead at the level of making airworthiness decisions.
Demonstrated experience in the aircraft type maintenance support required for the DEA/Designated Aircraft Inventory.
Shall hold a valid mechanic certificate issued by the FAA with both airframe and power plant ratings.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: